Remote Position-ideally based in South Carolina
Act as Strategic Advertising Consultant to Travel & Tourism Clients, backed by a leading-edge digital media organization.
If you are a driven sales pro with a passion for travel, this is an opportunity to join a company on the leading edge of digital media. While experience in travel & tourism is a plus, as long as you have solid digital advertising sales skills, this could be your chance to work within a fun, upbeat industry. Clients in this space, such as conventions & visitors bureaus (CVB's) and attractions, will rely on you to be the expert consultant and help them achieve their business goals. You'll leverage your critical thinking skills and creativity to develop innovative solutions, backed by the resources of Advance Travel & Tourism as well as Alabama Media Group. You will join a team of top talent, sharing ideas and exploring the latest trends with other "A" players like yourself. We'll reward you with a generous compensation plan, excellent benefits, professional development opportunities, and more.
Advance Travel and Tourism specializes in the development of campaigns that align with traveler intent along a path to purchase. We utilize an integrated mix of marketing solutions, including content marketing, digital media, search, video, email, social media marketing and more, designed to reach the consumer every step of the way.
Advance Travel and Tourism and Alabama Media Group are part of Advance Local, a leading media company comprised of 12 local affiliated news and information websites that rank #1 among local media in their respective markets and more than 30 affiliated newspapers known for their award-winning journalism. Advance Local is part of Advance Publications, along with Conde Nast and American City Business Journals.
We want to be clear: we are not looking for a travel agent, but rather for a motivated, goal-oriented sales professional. To be a good fit for the role of Account Executive, Travel & Tourism, you should have:
- A track record of success in consultative, solution-oriented sales, and a strong entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience selling digital media advertising is strongly preferred; at minimum you will need enthusiasm for digital advertising and the ability to learn quickly
- Travel industry experience is a plus, but you should at least have a general understanding of what motivates people to travel
- Comprehensive knowledge of needs-based selling
- Proven success at increasing sales in a competitive marketplace
- CRM sales management software experience with a leading platform, preferably salesforce.com
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- A bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Just as important as your experience and skills will be the following characteristics and competencies:
- Strong self-motivation and the ability to achieve goals independently
- Exceptional relationship-building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation abilities, including active listening skills
- A strong team-player approach
- Solid organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task, handle pressure and work under deadlines
You also will need to be willing and able to spend 60% to 80% of your time out in the field, including overnight travel. Your territory will include key markets in South Carolina. We reimburse for travel expenses and mileage on a weekly basis.
You'll work from your home office and you'll need to be based within the territory.
Advance Local Media offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including generous paid time off, flexible holidays and parental leave as well as options for your healthcare.
Alabama Media Group is a digitally-focused news and information company that combines quality journalism from The Birmingham News, The Huntsville Times, Mobile's Press-Register and The Mississippi Press with the up-to-the-minute access of AL.com. Alabama Media Group provides innovative ways to inform, connect and empower the people of Alabama in the communities we serve.
Alabama Media Group is a part of Advance Local Media, one of the largest media groups in the United States, which operates the leading news and information companies in more than 24 cities, reaching 50+ million people monthly with our quality, real-time journalism and community engagement. Our company is built upon the values of Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Fearlessness, and Customer Focus. For more information about Advance Local, please visit www.advancelocal.com.
Advance Local Media is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, encouraging applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other category protected under federal, state or local law.
About this company
Advance Local, one of the largest media groups in the United States, operates the leading news and information companies in more than 25 cities, reaching 50+ million people monthly with our quality, real-time journalism and community engagement.
Never resting on our laurels, our company is built upon the values of Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Fearlessness, and Customer Focus. Always innovating and evolving, we continually look for ways to deepen our relationship with our readers and advertisers. As part of our mission, we make a difference in the communities we serve by empowering our audiences with quality news and information. We partner with our clients to help them grow.
Location/Region: Birmingham, AL (35203)