Our client in the entertainment industry is looking for a freelance Web Designer to join their Digital Media team. This position will be integral to the creative process and play a key role in the conception, design and innovation of our client’s marketing and TV Everywhere (TVE) experiences on the web that are shaping the television/video industry. The ideal candidate must have a portfolio presenting intuitive design solutions for web and mobile experiences and demonstrate strong interface design skills based on principles of design and user-centered design methodologies. This will be an on-going part-time freelance opportunity. Applicants must have Figma
experience. Web Designer Responsibilities:
Web Designer Qualifications:
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with design team, product team, and extended digital media team to understand design and UX strategies, business needs, requirements, goals, and metrics, as well create a shared understanding of user needs throughout all phases of the product design process.
- Work closely with product team members (product owner, front-end developers, software engineers, designers, etc.) to develop best-of-breed digital products that meet the needs of users and drive business goals and objectives.
- Define, develop, and communicate UX direction via sketches, wireframes, user flows, interfaces, and prototypes.
- Provide guidance and assets throughout entire product design and development process to ensure design synergy across platforms and a stellar final product.
- 1-3 years’ experience in designing and prototyping for desktop, mobile, and/or over-the-top (OTT) applications.
- Portfolio that demonstrates strong visual and graphic design skills via intuitive and engaging UI design with a simple clean style and a pixel-level attention to detail.
- Have a strong design point of view and understanding of fundamental design principles, typography, layout, grid systems, hierarchy, color, and composition.
- Proficient in conducting carious research methods such as competitive/comparative analyses, user surveys, user interviews, usability tests, and A/B testing.
- Proficiency in information architecture and interaction design.
- Understand principles of website, mobile, and digital design in general (knowledge of streaming services and devices is a plus).
- Proficiency with Figma, Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, prototyping tools, Optimizely, Amplitude, and User Testing.com.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS with strong desire to learn is desirable.
- Familiarity with established human interface guidelines (iOS, Android, game consoles, connected TVs, etc.).
Job ID: 322276
Internal ID: 322276
Location/Region: New York, NY