Sick of the daily grind? Us too. But just because we’re a weekly doesn’t mean we’re not always churning out content. Whether it’s for the web or print, the pace is fast, the stories are fun and the pay is competitive here at the Business Observer.
Control your schedule, pursue fun projects and stories and write about great entrepreneurs, companies, industries and business trends. Plus, stay on top of the daily news with posts to our award-winning website.
If you are a magazine-style writer who loves business writing and has experience, we want you.
We write intelligent stories for C-suite readers. In addition to following the latest business news in the area, our print stories go deeper to explain trends, strategies and how business leaders are finding success in their industry. Our readers turn to us to learn lessons and find out who’s doing what from Tampa to Naples.
To write for CEOs you need to think like one, and you need to know what they care about most. In fact, that’s our in-house motto: “Boss needs to know.” This means a superstar applicant will have experience in business journalism.
We currently have openings for two business reporters: One will cover the Tampa Bay area (Pasco, Pinellas and Hillsborough); the other will cover Lee and Collier counties.
Before applying, visit BusinessObserverFL.com to learn more about who we are and what we do. Scroll down to the “featured stories” section. If you feel you can write these kinds of stories with clarity, wit and expertise, prove it in an email that inspires us to pick up the phone. Accompanying it should be a resume and 3-5 clips of your best work. Please send your materials to:
No phone calls please.
- Full-time, with benefits including health, dental, life and 401k
- Competitive pay commensurate with experience
- Cover Tampa Bay or Lee/Collier beat for weekly business newspaper for CEO readers
- Write daily web items that cover business news in your territory
- Contribute stories to fill your section each week in print, as well as contribute features to the feature section of the paper.
- Represent the paper at events and network in the area
- Although we are all working from home, you must be based in the area you’re covering.
The Business Observer is part of the Observer Media Group, which publishes 10 weekly newspapers across the state of Florida. Started in 1997, as the Gulf Coast Business Review, the Business Observer is the second-oldest paper in the company.
Location/Region: Tampa Bay or Fort Myers/Naples