Block Communications, Inc., a world leader in the development of digital publishing solutions, is looking to secure a Vice President of Digital Media for its publishing group, which includes the Toledo Blade and Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. In addition to serving as the top executive for Libercus, our content managing system, the VP of Digital Media works with the Chairman and publishing executive team to ensure the vision for our digital products become deployable technology.
The ideal candidate will understand the importance of working with newsroom leadership to ensure digital strategy will drive subscriptions, readership and adoption of various digital platforms. This includes managing multi-million-dollar development projects, working with geographically diverse teams, establishing and managing budgets (including Libercus), outlining and communicating the mission-critical aspects of products, and developing the product roadmap while working with the customer/user to develop the product vision.
A strong background in large-scale project management is key, along with experience in product management, sales success, expanding audience and engagement, revenue growth, business processes, technology implementation, and working with our offshore support and hosting teams to ensure product stability, disaster recovery and customer service goals are met.
Key Skills & Competencies
- Experienced with UX design methods and principles.
- Coordinated User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and assisted in testing efforts.
- 10+ years of digital product ownership, project management experience with digital products, mobile apps, websites, or systems integration.
- Experience with web & native app technology stacks and platforms.
- Experience delivering mobile applications on iOS and Android.
- Experience with agile (scrum/Kanban) development methodologies.
- Ability to deliver technical, high quality websites and mobile applications to industry standards.
- Financial competency & numerical ability to accurately develop & manage budgets.
- Advanced knowledge of project estimation techniques and challenges.
- Ability to negotiate with vendors for services.
- Extensive client-facing experience.
- Ability to manage multiple change projects simultaneously.
- Ability to advise and support all phases of a complex web site build.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
This position is located in Toledo, Ohio.
Interested candidates should apply online at
or submit their resume to