CCX Media is seeking a full-time Multimedia Journalist who will produce, write, edit and shoot stories for broadcast and for the web. This MMJ will join an award-winning team of storytellers to produce seven unique, hyperlocal news segments per week. The schedule is typically Monday through Friday with limited weekend and evening assignments. This position reports to the news director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Pitches stories that are relevant to our nine communities.
- Works independently and as a team to set up and report stories in the field.
- Shoots and edits news events and reports on deadline.
- Write stories for the web and posts for social media
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
- Maintains good working relationships with local sources, schools and cities.
- Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field.
- 2-4 years’ experience as a content generator
- Fluency in English
- Possess excellent interview and conversational writing skills
- Proficiency with Final Cut X
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, and other office equipment
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
CCX Media offers a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes Health, Dental and Life insurance. Benefits also include the PERA pension plan, paid vacation and sick time and 12 paid holidays a year.
CCX Media identifies, produces and delivers high quality content for Brooklyn Center, Brooklyn Park, Crystal, Golden Valley, Maple Grove, New Hope, Osseo, Plymouth and Robbinsdale and has been serving the northwest suburbs since 1982.
Vision Statement: CCX Media will be a dynamic media resource, known by all in our member communities, which informs and inspires public engagement.
Core Values: Serve our communities and associates above all else, display honesty and integrity, demonstrate professionalism.
Core Focus: Serve and be a mirror of the communities as they evolve and change. Be a local source so residents can be informed and aware, by documenting changes and the impact they have on our communities.
CCX Media is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all interested applicants to apply by submitting a resume and a link to their resume tape through www.ccxmedia.org/job-opportunities/multimedia-journalist/
Location/Region: Brooklyn Park