ATD’s Production, Editorial, and Creative department is responsible for editing, designing, producing, and distributing ATD’s publications, which include 20+ books annually, two monthly periodicals, research reports, and case studies. Additionally, the department supports the editorial and creative needs of all of ATD’s business lines, including Marketing, Education, Conferences, Membership, Enterprise, and Global.
The Editorial Manager supports the editorial needs of ATD’s various business lines. They are responsible for managing the editorial processes; editing education and conference materials, marketing communications, and publications; and coaching and collaborating with staff on a range of editing projects. The ideal candidate is an excellent editor, an experienced people manager, and an effective and highly organized project manager. The Editorial Manager will be on-site 1-2 days a week to fulfill their duties.
Make An Impact By…
- Supervising, coaching, and developing a team of editors and fostering a collaborative team environment and a strong service-oriented culture.
- Overseeing daily assignments, taking into consideration business needs and individual editor capacity.
- Owning processes to improve editorial performance and output, while maintaining a high bar on quality.
- Project managing course and conference materials, publications, and marketing communications through the editorial life cycle.
- Successfully collaborating with multiple stakeholders across various disciplines, anticipating both business and customer needs and priorities.
- Performing quality assurance by reviewing and updating documents for accuracy and consistency in voice, tone, and messaging.
- Contributing to the development of ATD’s style guide.
- Serving as an editor on several projects simultaneously.