Publisher – Leelanau Enterprise - Michigan
The Leelanau Enterprise, a Michigan Newspaper of the Year for six consecutive years, is looking for an experienced newspaper publisher.
The Enterprise, a 7,000 circulation weekly, is based on the Leelanau Peninsula in Northern lower Michigan. The peninsula recently was listed as the No. 4 place to go in a CNN article titled “24 places to go in 2024.”
With a strong team in place, our next leader will continue to grow our products, revenues, and engagement with our communities.
- Lead and oversee the operations of the newspaper, ensuring compelling and timely content.
- Develop and implement strategic plans to maintain the newspaper's relevance and growth.
- Manage, collaborate with, and lead a diverse team of managers and staff.
- Foster a culture of innovation, creativity, and journalistic excellence within the organization.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, community leaders, and advertisers.
- Develop and implement revenue generation efforts through effective advertising, digital and subscription strategies.
- Stay updated on industry trends, new technologies, and evolving media landscape.
- Ensure compliance with legal and ethical guidelines in journalism.
- Represent the newspaper in public forums and events.
- Proven experience in a leadership role within the newspaper industry, demonstrating success in managing operations and teams.
- Deep understanding of journalistic standards, ethics, and best practices.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to develop and implement revenue generation strategies.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Adaptability to changing technologies and digital publishing platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to embrace innovation and drive organizational growth.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit their resume, cover letter, references and any relevant portfolio materials to John Elchert, COO, at email@example.com. While we appreciate all applications, we will only contact select candidates.
About the Company: Blackbird is a forward-thinking, independently owned, media company dedicated to delivering high-quality news and information to our readers. We have a strong commitment to journalistic integrity, community engagement, and embracing digital advancements. As a growing organization, we anticipate future opportunities for talented individuals to join our team.
Join our team and help shape the future of journalism!