Multimedia Content Specialist
The multimedia content specialist will be responsible for creating and producing multimedia content for the online presences of National Catholic Reporter, Global Sisters Report, and EarthBeat. The multimedia content includes graphics, short and long form video, and podcasts. The content specialist works with the publications’ reporters and reports to the digital media editor. This is a full-time, remote position.
- Work daily with the digital media editor to produce and schedule digital media content via NCR’s content management platform.
- Create and curate images, graphics and videos for social accounts.
- Collaborate with NCR editors and reporters to create, edit, and produce short and long form videos, including TikToks, Instagram Reels, and YouTube mini documentaries.
- Edit and produce audio material for podcasts.
- Assist digital media editor with responding and engaging with NCR community on social media, including sharing responsibility for writing social media posts and captions.
- Create graphics for use on social media, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and WhatsApp groups.
- Maintain high standards of accuracy, accountability and integrity.
- Experience managing social media accounts for media outlets, including scheduling posts and engaging with replies and comments.
- Comfortable multi-tasking and working both independently and as part of multiple departments.
- Experience with video editing and required software.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and Slack.
- Experience with YouTube and Canva.
- An appreciation for the National Catholic Reporter Publishing Company's mission. Working knowledge of the Catholic Church and its culture is a plus.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule, often driven by the news in a global environment.
Compensation and benefits:
This remote position will be full-time. Salary is commensurate with experience and other relevant factors. NCR offers the following benefits for full-time employees:
- Health Insurance plan options (90% employer paid premium)
- Dental and Vision plan coverage (90% / 75% employer paid premium)
- Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- Group Annuity Program (403B) with company match
- Supplemental Insurance option (Aflac)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid parental leave (up to 12 weeks)
- Generous paid vacation (up to 20 days per year)/sick/personal time, plus 11 paid holidays
- Flexibility for work/life integration; summer hours (between Memorial and Labor Days)
Interested parties should submit a cover letter explaining their interest and describing their qualifications. Please include a resume with career history and three multimedia samples. Samples can include designed graphics, edited videos, or recorded reels.
All nominations, applications and inquiries should be directed electronically to email@example.com by June 19, 2023.
All communications will be treated confidentially. Application materials will be reviewed as they are received, and subsequent steps in the hiring process will take place following the application deadline.
National Catholic Reporter Publishing Company has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for its employees. Reasonable accommodations or exemption will be considered for medical-related or sincerely held religious objections.
The National Catholic Reporter Publishing Company is an equal opportunity employer, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The National Catholic Reporter Publishing Company is a non-profit, independent, lay-led news organization that reports on the Catholic Church and wider moral issues facing the human family. It publishes the National Catholic Reporter bi-monthly in print and daily at NCRonline.org. It also publishes Global Sisters Report and EarthBeat online. These publications are committed to shaping a world that recognizes the sacredness and dignity of every human being, regardless of religious belief, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation. Throughout our history, NCR has been a voice for the voiceless, disadvantaged and marginalized. It has held authority, secular or religious, accountable.