Anchor and help produce news and feature programming on TV and digital platforms available to 800,000 homes in the New York television market on Long Island.
Essential Duties & Functions
- Present daily news programming and features assignments effectively and professionally in state- of-the-art production facility with multiple hard and virtual sets. Ensure all coverage is fair, balanced, and engaging to users
- Research and develop original content in conjunction with studio team and Newsday staff.
- Brainstorm fresh and interesting story ideas. Be on constant lookout for unique, relevant and urgent topics as well as compelling follow ups.
- Conduct engaging, sharp, well researched interviews which may be broadcast live, or pre-recorded and edited.
- Self-produce newscasts when required
- Assist in the production/editing of packages and other content to air on multiple platforms.
- Write print and multi-media versions of all content when required Occasional field producing.
- Report and write packages from the field when required
Essential Job Knowledge & Skills
- A bachelor’s degree required. A Degree in Journalism, Communications, or equivalent work experience is preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a commercial newsroom or equivalent
- Strong reporting, writing and research skills
- Strong on camera presence and ability to articulate and convey information in a clear, concise and conversational manner
- Adept at “ad libbing” effectively in live environment
- Excellent news judgment and knowledge of key issues
- Ability to interact professionally and build relationship with sources.
- Editing and computer skills necessary to complete packages and integrate into the newscast.
- Ability to shoot news footage a plus
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere a plus
- Advanced research, data research and investigative skills preferred
- Able to work a flexible and varied schedule, to include weekends, holidays, nights and extended hours.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven team environment.
- Position requires broadcasting and articulating breaking news and assignments on air in a high demand environment.
- Requires the ability to read through files, scripts, presentations, theories, monitors and procedures.
- The Company requires that the successful candidate hired for this position be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, absent being granted an accommodation due to medical, pregnancy, or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption. If you are selected for this position, you will be asked if you are able to meet the requirement.
Newsday Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. In addition, Newsday Media Group provides a reasonable accommodation for applicants/incumbents with disabilities.