SHOOK® Research seeks an experienced editor who can work quickly in a fast-paced environment under deadline pressure.
Preferred candidates will have a journalism background with 5+ years editing experience. We prefer a candidate with a background in business journalism, but will consider applicants with extensive experience editing, focusing and rewriting stories. The ideal candidate will have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, exhibit an attention to detail and accuracy, and have a knowledge of grammar and Associated Press style.
We are looking for a creative person who is a proven wordsmith and who works well in a team environment. The editor will work closely with a team of freelancers making assignments, overseeing both layout and final production while working on multiple projects simultaneously. We prefer this person be based at our Florida headquarters, but we are willing to consider a virtual arrangement.
Based in Boca Raton, Fla., SHOOK is the only company in the world that researches and recommends financial advisors after each candidate undergoes a deep due diligence process. SHOOK is independent and does not receive compensation from financial advisors or their firms in exchange for its rankings.
SHOOK is a synergetic, collaborative and innovative place to work. The culture is often described as a family atmosphere and collegiality is prized. SHOOK is serious about its socially-good and responsible components. Each member always performs with the highest integrity and principles.
We are looking for candidates who share our goals and who are seeking growth opportunities.
- Journalist with 8-12 years editing experience with newspapers, magazines, news websites, financial newsletters, trade publications or wire services. Prefer candidate with background in business journalism who possesses a basic understanding of inverted pyramid story organization.
- Looking for exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong editing skills, a proven wordsmith who can quickly conceptualize a story, find holes and make changes. This person should also be comfortable working with writers on remote basis.
- Seek individuals who possess an understanding of the importance of fact-based communication, and a demonstrated ability to translate complex concepts into compelling content.
- Individual needs to possess project management, time management skills and the ability to handle tight deadlines.
- Looking for individuals who possess a positive, team-based attitude, strong interpersonal skills, and a passion to make an impact.
- Candidate should desire a career that offers long-term professional satisfaction and high career-growth opportunities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat and Adobe InDesign.
- Degree: BA or BS. MA or MBA preferred.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
SHOOK Research is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and it is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. SHOOK Research is a background screening, drug-free workplace.