Health & Wellness Reporter
The LNP Media Group, Inc. family of print and digital publications, part of Steinman Communications, is the biggest and most influential provider of news in Lancaster County, with a history of 225 years of excellence. We are in search of a tech-savvy and driven journalist to join our talented team.
The Health/Wellness Reporter, reporting under the direction of the Work & Wellness Team Leader, is a proven, experienced journalist who is analytical, interviews a wide range of people and covers everything from school, elderly, poverty and Plain Sect health care issues to Lancaster County’s hospitals, health systems, telemedicine initiatives and more. The Health/Wellness Reporter investigates, researches and breaks down complex issues and develops enterprise stories for digital and print audiences that are presented in ways that are easily understood by lay readers. The Health/Wellness Reporter’s critical mission is to explain to Lancaster County residents the “how and why”: How and why health care mergers impact them; how and why federal/national and state legislation or trends impact their lives; etc. This reporter, in any given week, could be writing on topics such as a cost comparison of prescription drugs at county pharmacies, data comparison on the county’s largest medical providers, development plans for a new urgent care facility or a roundup of food recalls. This is a hybrid remote/work from the office full-time position.
The Health/Wellness Reporter is expected to:
· Exercise solid news judgment, a sense of urgency and the highest journalistic standards.
· Produce daily as well as mid- and longer-range enterprise stories.
· Regularly curate and aggregate content from other sources and present them with relevance and context for our LancasterOnline audience, with additional commentary and explanation.
· Actively build a social media presence by posting content and engaging with our audience. Look for video and social opportunities for story coverage.
· Use Parse.ly and/or other metrics to gauge how well stories perform with our LancasterOnline audience and, with input from editors, decide how to improve poor performers or stop writing about topics that perform poorly altogether.
· Brainstorm and collaborate with other members of the Work & Wellness Team to break news, launch projects and layer coverage in proven high reader-interest areas.
Reporters are expected to develop authoritative sources in the community, collaborate with other LNP | LancasterOnline journalists and identify stories that are compelling to this community news organization’s audience. Reporters are also expected to be storytellers and meet the demands of a growing digital audience by routinely using social media, shooting photographs and video, and understanding how to post their work creatively using a content-management system.
Interested in joining the LNP newsroom? LNP offers an exceptional benefits package with company subsidized medical, dental and vision insurance within 30 days of start, company paid short term disability and life insurance, and a company match for 401(K) contributions after 30 days of employment.
Job Type: Full-time