Managing Editor of American Archaeology Magazine
POSITION: Managing Editor of American Archaeology magazine
General Information: The Archaeological Conservancy is the only national organization that acquires, preserves, and manages archaeological sites in the U.S. It is a small, but growing organization with national headquarters in Albuquerque.
The Conservancy publishes a popular magazine, American Archaeology, that covers American archaeology as well as reports on Conservancy activities. All color, quarterly. First issue was March 1, 1997. Circulation is about 30,000. See www.archaeologicalconservancy.org
- Overall responsibility for all aspects of the production of the quarterly magazine.
- Responsible for production of all editorial materials with the aid of art director, Conservancy staff, freelance writers and photographers, proof readers, etc.
- Liaison with contract printer on magazine production.
- Coordinate schedule, concept design, and copy of the magazine.
- Budget and financial management.
- Write as needed.
- Demonstrated preservation ethic and/or public interest ethic.Very high motivation.
- Bachelors degree in journalism, English, or related field with minimum four years experience in magazine or newspaper editing.
- Knowledge and interest in American archaeology.
- Excellent writing and typing skills.
- Ability to organize and manage a wide variety ofprojects simultaneously and to get them completed on time.
- Ability to work independently and decisively.
Availability: November 2022
Salary: DOE with excellent benefits.
Application: Send resume to email@example.com