Multimedia Advertising Sales Director
Family-Owned Suburban Media Group Seeking Multimedia Advertising Sales Director
Times-Journal Inc, is a 150+ year old family-owned media company now in the hands of 3rd generation news publishers who are committed to serving local communities with award winning journalism and results driven advertising programs. In short, there are no hedge-funds or corporate “bean counting downsizers” here to contend with. We are committed to a long-term future in this industry! Located in the heart of Georgia’s most desirable markets, our communities are the ideal place to live, work and play.
With regular acquisitions of the past eight years, our company has grown to reaching over 200,000 homes, in 10 counties from suburban Atlanta to Chattanooga. We are seeking a strong senior revenue officer who can lead our team of experienced committed media sales professionals to achieve excellence in offering a wide array of digital, audio, video, and print advertising solutions.
The winning candidate will report directly to ownership and be given the support, resources, and compensation necessary for a mutually beneficial, long-term commitment.
Qualifications we hope to see in your resume and cover letter, should include:
- A minimum of three to five years of sales experience with at least 2-3 years in management in a print and multimedia advertising environment.
- A proven background in creatively developing profitable sales and marketing programs to grow advertising across multimedia platforms
- A strong ability to work independently and self-motivate as well as local sales managers and their teams in both remote and onsite settings
- Excellent verbal, written communication, presentation, and customer relations skills, with ability to connect with all levels of advertisers
- An entrepreneurial spirit, ability to think creatively with an eye for achieving business goals
- An ability to provide realistic, achievable sales forecasts to ownership and suggest successful models of compensation that will help achieve these goals
- Develops positive relationships with key current and potential clients
- A passion for coaching, mentoring and training sales executives to grow their territories, add value to business and achieve professional success.
- Strong attention to details, metrics and accountability for personal and team goals.
Apply today: HR@MDJonline.com