Editorial Director/Content and Web Strategy
Voice Media Group, publisher of award-winning websites and print newsweeklies in four major American cities, is seeking an experienced digital journalist to direct its editorial operations and drive audience growth and engagement. This is a full-time corporate management position with benefits, based in Denver, and paying an annual salary of $120,000 or more depending on experience.
Our ideal candidate will have at least five years of management experience in digital publishing and a firm grasp of SEO, analytics and social media. A strong background in news journalism, with excellent writing and editing skills, is essential to supporting VMG’s editorial mission and motivating its creative personnel. An instinct for innovative audience and content development strategies, informed by research and data, is required for success in the digital media space. The Editorial Director reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
Editorial Director Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all Editorial aspects of VMG’s news and culture websites
- Monitor website content for journalistic quality and adherence to best practices
- Set policy and priorities for Editorial direction, procedure, personnel and spending
- Develop and implement initiatives for audience growth and content partnerships
- Use SEO/analytics/social media to grow and engage audiences
- Understand and leverage first-party data to inform the audience strategy
- Use research/data to identify trends and devise engagement strategies that enhance the Editorial mission
- Oversee traffic: growth/analysis/goals
- Collaborate with Marketing, Reader Revenue, Design and other team leaders
Editorial Director Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must be an analytical thinker and a hands-on problem solver
- Significant background in high-level story editing and personnel management
- Direct experience with SEO/analytics/social media/Influencer management
- A proven ability to grow digital audiences
- Knowledge of digital newsroom operations and processes
- Experience with content and audience analytics
- Ability to work independently and communicate effectively to executive management
Serious candidates should send a cover letter detailing their thoughts on helping VMG expand its engagement and reach over the next decade and leading the company’s Editorial teams.
Voice Media Group is a successful and diversified media/technology company that operates iconic major-market publications as well as a flourishing digital marketing agency.
The fast-paced nature of digital marketing and media content creation makes us a destination for energetic people who love a challenge and aren’t happy sitting on the sidelines. Besides offering competitive salary and benefits packages, Voice Media Group is devoted to hiring the best and brightest people and fostering an atmosphere where we learn from each other, we respect each other, we push each other and we get better because of each other. This is a place where you will be welcomed, challenged respectfully, and will ultimately learn more than you've learned at any job you've had before. Let's grow together.