Advertising Sales Director
Pay: $75,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
General Summary of Responsibilities
The Advertising Sales Director is an integral part of our sales operation. You will be a proven sales leader and digital solutions professional who enjoys getting out with the sales team in the field meeting clients, making presentations and helping our clients achieve the results they seek. You will win by executing sales strategies, motivating and coaching our team to success achieving their monthly, quarterly and annual goals. You will provide overall advertising sales direction, support and accountability for account list growth and revenue for all print and digital solutions.
Essential Job Functions
● Always demonstrate honesty and integrity.
● Lead and execute all sales strategies for our entire portfolio of advertising solutions print and digital.
● Lead our local outside sales team to grow the number of active clients and attain revenue goals.
● Lead by example and personally sell digital solutions
● Excellent communication (written & verbal). Develop effective presentations.
● Create a positive, open and energized sales atmosphere
● Hold rate integrity, review agreements, communicate goals, forecasting
● Talent acquisition and effective onboarding, coaching and development
● Maintain regular and punctual attendance
● Bilingual English/Spanish is a big plus
● Ability to create, pitch and close on proposals to new and existing customers
● Have moderate to advanced understanding of digital marketing products and solutions
● Effectively communicate digital marketing reporting to clients on a regular basis
● Able and willing to travel to meet clients/potential clients at their place of business
● Take the lead in developing marketing plans to grow existing business
● Suggest new products/audiences (as needed) to help maintain or grow advertiser spend with portfolio of products
● Use all forms of media to help prospect and sell advertising solutions
● This is a hybrid work from our office / work remote position
● Lead sales team meetings
● Other duties as assigned
● Proficient in Microsoft Office Products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
● Able to manage multiple projects
● Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal
Candidate should be a proven sales leader and have at least five years experience in a consultative selling role, account management, and presenting solutions to business owners.
Skills and Abilities / Lifting Requirements (Maximum weight required)
This position requires a strong aptitude for learning and working with Microsoft suite of products; Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Must have reliable transportation. Good organizational skills, multi-tasking, and good understanding of the digital landscape as it relates to websites and the internet.
Minimum Education, certifications or licenses
High school diploma.
Contact with Others
Must interact and work well with others internally and externally. Excellent communication skills and teamwork.
Requires the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Attend weekly sales meetings, training, adhere to deadlines and meet revenue goals
Supervision of others
This is a leadership role and manages others.
Pressure of Work
Multiple products, projects and deadlines. Multi-tasking and be well organized.
This role is essential to the success of our company.
Primary Job Location
The position is based at our Walla Walla, Washington office. As a hybrid position, It is a mix of working from the office and from the field.