How would you like to be part of a writing team that produces consistently excellent content, embraces collaboration, celebrates wins and enjoys being part of a fun, modern company culture? Launch That, a cutting-edge digital marketing company in Orlando, Florida, is filling an opening for a Content Writer in our Financial Division. This person will write for a business website dedicated to providing accurate and engaging information about retirement and senior-related topics.
Our content teams comprise former journalists, technical writers and marketing writers. We feed our business websites with web pages written, edited, designed and proofed in-house. We have a special team, and we aim to add another quality member to it.
The ideal candidate is someone who lives close enough to Orlando to work from our downtown office periodically when the pandemic is over - until that time, this position is fully remote.
Please note, that in an effort to mitigate unconscious bias in our recruiting processes, we are utilizing Career.Place as part of our application process. Please look for an email after you submit this application that will direct you on how to proceed in the application process.
We will not see your name or resume until after you have successfully passed the Homework stage of that process and have been chosen to be interviewed by the Hiring Manager.
Thank you for you interest in Launch That!
- Writing comprehensive webpages and news stories on financial topics for multiple websites
- Conducting in-depth research and interviewing experts
- Working closely with SEOs and Designers to produce the best content on the web!
- An advanced financial writer who can produce accurate, clean, clear, comprehensive content at volume.
- A quick learner who is eager and open to adapting to our approach to content
- A proficient researcher on complex topics who is able to identify and connect with reputable sources and synthesize information
- A team player who is hungry for success
What you bring to the role:
- 2-4 consecutive years of experience in a professional writing environment; with 1-2 of those years working on financial topics
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, Advertising, Marketing or related field a plus
- Advanced working knowledge of AP style
- Experience working in a CMS such as WordPress
- Intermediate familiarity working with G-Suite applications, including Google Docs and Google Sheets
- Advanced understanding of internet research and SEO
- Portfolio of published articles on financial topics
- Advanced understanding of technical aspects of writing content for the web and an ability to learn more about them
- Ability to self-edit, apply editorial feedback, and find creative ways to improve on that direction
- Experience doing research using multiple sources
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Precise attention to detail
- Expert time-management skills
- Creativity and critical thinking skills
- Expert ability to work independently or as an active member of a team
About this company
Launch That is a digital marketing firm in Orlando, Florida, that puts a premium on high-quality content for our business websites. We have full teams of writers, editors, and content strategists. In 2020, we were honored by the Orlando Sentinel as one of its Top Workplaces and by the Orlando Business Journal as one of its Fast 50 growing businesses in Central Florida.
Our content teams collaborate closely with designers, we developers and marketers to produce sleek, high-performing web pages.
One unique characteristic about Launch That is that we are not a garden-variety marketing firm. We do not have a roster of clients that we're trying to please. Instead, we control the websites that we nourish and grow, and almost all problem-solving happens within our walls (virtual or not).
Our company's core values are: Passion, Agility, Community and Excellence. People who are the most successful here are those who are excited about their role, who can see the possibility of upward mobility, who like to work with others and who understand the value of constructive feedback.
Finally, we're a young company, but we're no start-up. We're past that. We're diversifying and scaling, and we're looking for elite talent to help us grow.