Make a culture shift and join the collaborative, motivated marketing team at Much Shelist (Much) as our Communications Specialist. Much is a 100-attorney, full-service law firm with offices in Chicago, IL and Newport Beach, CA. Our firm’s culture is our difference-maker. We encourage innovation and entrepreneurial spirit across the firm and maintain a professional, respectful and familial atmosphere among attorneys and staff alike.
The Communications Specialist plays an integral part in the firm’s strategic marketing plans and has high visibility in the firm. Primary areas of focus include managing an editorial calendar inclusive of all internal and external firm communications; writing, editing and distributing communications; driving and measuring digital content and social media engagement; assisting in proposal creation and legal directory rankings; and building and maintaining an experience database. The position of Communications Specialist is located in Chicago, Illinois and works directly with the Director of Strategy & Marketing and the Communications Manager.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Write and distribute firm news and announcements through email, web and social outlets.
- Work with attorneys to produce, edit and distribute legal alerts, blog posts and thought leadership that resonate with clients and align with the firm’s marketing strategy.
- Manage a marketing editorial and communications calendar to ensure effective and timely distribution of external communications to various audiences.
- Create and maintain website, brochure and proposal content featuring attorney bios, practice/industry group descriptions and representative experience.
- Conceptualize and lead the firm’s digital content and market engagement efforts including but not limited to blogs, video announcements, podcasts and social media campaigns.
- Write and post internal firm communications and announcements on the firm’s intranet site.
- Team with the Events Specialist to produce compelling event invitations and promotional materials.
- Assist in the development of RFP responses, proposals and pitch materials.
- Work with attorneys and the Communications Manager to prepare submissions to legal rankings and directories such as Chambers and Pitchbook.
- Regularly track data and analyze ROI metrics to understand the success of pitch materials, thought leadership campaigns and digital content engagement.
- Build and maintain a collection of representative matters and deals in a simple experience management system.
Location/Region: Chicago, IL (60606)