Thycotic is a global leader in Privileged Access Management, a critical layer of IT security that protects an organization’s data, devices and code across cloud, on-premise and hybrid environments. Recognized as a leader by every major industry analyst group, our modern cloud-ready PAM solutions dramatically reduce the complexity and cost of securing privileged access, providing more value and higher adoption than any alternative. Thycotic is trusted by over 12,500 leading organizations around the globe including 25% of the Fortune 100.
The Enterprise Account Executive, Higher Education (EAE) will be responsible for driving sales of Thycotic products within the Higher Education vertical. The EAE will represent Thycotic and its product suite within an assigned regional territory. The EAE will manage all aspects of the sales process including lead management, qualification, evaluation, close and account care and will play an integral role in the success of the overall sales team. This is a quota-carrying sales position.
The candidate may be required to work from a remote home office and travel approximately 30-40% throughout the territory. This role will report to the Regional Sales Director.
- Define and execute territory/account sales plans for assigned geographic territory and then meet and exceed sales goals (quotas) through prospecting, qualifying, managing, and closing sales opportunities within the Higher Education sector.
- Develop and manage sales pipeline, prospect and assess sales and move a large number of transactions simultaneously through the sales pipeline.
- Develop and manage partner relationships in Higher Education.
- Manage and track customer and transactional information in a CRM system (ie, SFDC).
- Coordinate resources throughout the sales cycle, including product support and sales engineering.
- Provide product demonstrations and general support to prospective customers.
- Nurture and expand the company’s relationship with customer accounts of all sizes.
- Provide regular reporting of pipeline and forecast through the CRM system.
- Keep abreast of competition, competitive issues, and products.
- Practice effective, excellent communication with management, customers, and support staff.
- Participate in team-building and company-growth activities including strategy setting, sales training, marketing efforts and customer care.
- Travel to customer locations in support of sales efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
**Skills and Requirements**
- 8–10 years of enterprise software sales experience. Minimum of 5+ years of experience selling into Education (Higher Ed preferred).
- Consistent overachievement of sales goals in a large geographic territory.
- IDAM, ICAM and Cyber Security or similar background/experience. Complex sales to Academia- seven figure deal experience.
- Expertise at the Transactional & Enterprise Level. Ability to lead prospects and customers as opposed to reacting to customer requests. Understand how to “drive a deal”.
- Excellent communication skills including knowing what to say and more importantly, how to say it.
- Highly driven individual with an execution focus and a strong sense of urgency and the ability to go beyond relationship management.
Why Work at Thycotic?
We’re passionate problem-solvers doing our part to make the world a safer place. We invest in people who are smart, self-motivated and collaborative.
What we offer in return is meaningful work, a culture of innovation and great career progression!
Thycotic was named a “Best Places to Work” Award Winner in 2019 and 2020 in recognition of our positive work environment and culture, as reported by employees. A focus on employee advancement and our ethos of respect are just some of the reasons why people love working here!
Thycotic Software, LLC (Thycotic) is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Upon conditional offer of employment, candidates are required to complete a criminal background check and drug screen per Thycotic employment policy. In addition, all publicly posted social media sites may be reviewed.
Location/Region: Washington, DC