As an Advance Local Account Executive with Alabama Media Group, you will be part of a dynamic sales team driving advertising revenue for one of the country's largest privately-owned media companies. Your sales success will come from new business development efforts, as well as client growth, through our industry-leading digital and print advertising products. You'll be supported by our leadership team, our interactive sales and product training program, and our commitment to provide resources for your successful sales career.
In this role, you will:
- Achieve your sales goals by prospecting new business and developing existing accounts to grow our overall brand
- Meet with local business owners and decision-makers to uncover and understand their business needs and goals so that you can advise clients on our comprehensive product mix including print, digital, search, video and mobile solutions
- Work with colleagues to design custom advertising and marketing solutions that fit your clients' needs
- Present solutions to clients, working collaboratively to achieve the product mix aligned to their goals
- Further your client relationships through retention and upselling
- Review campaign results, learn from data and celebrate your successes
- Work with our advertising fulfillment team to provide accurate information for each client campaign
For this position we're looking for candidates with:
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of education with related experience
- Proven success of increasing sales in a competitive marketplace, using a needs-based selling approach
- Experience in digital advertising would give you a head start
- Skills build on to effectively negotiate and close sales with our products
- Ability to build rapport and confidence with clients
- Excellent communication skills - to write, create and deliver effective presentations
- Self-motivation and resilience
- Ability to effectively organize your day, multi-task by pivoting to various sales activities to build your pipeline, and work under deadlines
- Familiarity with CRM sales management software experience, ideally SalesForce (we'll provide training)
- Solid skills in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly in Power Point & Excel to create presentations and review data
Advance Local Media offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including generous paid time off, flexible holidays and parental leave as well as options for your healthcare.
Alabama Media Group (AMG) is one of the country's most innovative local media companies. In 2021, it won the Pulitzer Prize for national reporting and was a finalist for commentary, won six regional Emmys for documentary work, and earned a Webby Award for short-form comedy.
AMG includes AL.com, the state's largest news brand; a digital marketing operation serving clients in 13 states; Red Clay Media, a network of social media brands; Alabama's three most prominent newspapers: The Birmingham News, Huntsville Times and Mobile's Press-Register; the Mississippi Press Register; and Reckon, a news brand for diverse, younger Southerners.
Alabama Media Group is part of Advance Local, one of the largest media groups in the United States, which operates the leading news and information companies in more than 24 cities, reaching 50+ million people a month www.advancelocal.com.
Advance Local Media is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, encouraging applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other category protected under federal, state or local law.
About this company
Advance Local, one of the largest media groups in the United States, operates the leading news and information companies in more than 25 cities, reaching 50+ million people monthly with our quality, real-time journalism and community engagement.
Never resting on our laurels, our company is built upon the values of Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Fearlessness, and Customer Focus. Always innovating and evolving, we continually look for ways to deepen our relationship with our readers and advertisers. As part of our mission, we make a difference in the communities we serve by empowering our audiences with quality news and information. We partner with our clients to help them grow.
Location/Region: Mobile, AL (36602)