Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The first spark of a product idea sets the NIKE, Inc. Product team into motion. The team of developers, testers, engineers, designers and managers obsess over Nike's iconic silhouettes and create groundbreaking new styles. They collaborate, ideate and refine products' construction, fit and materials. They maintain a keen understanding of consumer and market trends. They skillfully operate at the intersection of buyer needs, technical feasibility and business objectives. And they work lockstep with Merchandising, Design, Manufacturing and others to produce the final result: products that reflect the soul of sport and inspire athletes to reach new levels of performance.
The Nike Studio and Performance Media team delivers what only Nike can do: build interest, drive participation, and alert athletes of the best products to participate in Sport*! The Nike Marketing Product team is inventing the future of marketing technology around automated, personalized athlete-centric end experiences. We build and evolve tooling and mechanisms that are user obsessed. At Nike, you get in by being the best player, you stay in by being the best teammate. Making history is no easy task, but as a team, we are unstoppable!
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
Our Engagement & Activity Team is looking for a Principal Director of Product to engage with a fast-moving cross-functional team to conceive, design, and implement product strategy for our advertising platforms. These include product development in mobile targeting and re-targeting, analytics and data products/platform, social platforms, data pipelines, and affiliate marketing platforms. You will optimize our roadmap and ensure that our advertising platforms create the highest impact for Nike.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
While leading Advertising Technology Platforms, you will partner with cross-functional teams such as Media, Brand Marketing, Social, Digital Product, Enterprise Data and Analytics, Data Science, Engineering, and Design. This role utilizes a strong analytical background with a passion for executing scalable ad-tech solutions. Success in this role means improving the value of our ad investments in order to drive impact for the worldwide Nike brand and most meaningfully Nike members.
WHAT YOU BRING
You will lead next-generation solutions that enable Nike to reach members across our owned and paid media channels. The ideal candidate will focus on building large-scale systems that integrate across multiple sources to provide unique advertising solution that optimize our advertising strategies and giving Nike the granular controls and data necessary to prove the efficacy of Nike's advertising dollars.
Defining Product Strategy. Working with stakeholders across the organization (Engineering, Media, Commerce, etc.), you will help to define and optimize our roadmap.
Requirements Gathering. You will engage with our Global and GEO marketing teams to understand complex client/market needs, and work to distill them into discrete, accurate, and actionable product requirements.
Supporting Implementation. In concert with our engineering team, you'll work to balance speed vs. feature set trade-offs in real-time, and ultimately ensure our final products satisfy the requirements.
Driving Product Activation. Work with stakeholders to design a go-to-market strategy and product rollouts across the Nike.
Industry Leadership: Lead Nike's efforts in industry wide advertising forums to articulate and ensure that Brand requirements are captured and executed on.
- BA and 8+ years of experience in Product Management in a data product in AdTech and experience in aligning stakeholders and end to end product and feature delivery.
- Passionate about generating big, creative ideas to differentiate in the market, growing the business and working with advertisers and partners to build innovative products
- Ability to lead and influence across different organizations and align diverse teams to a common goal - work cross-functionally with dedicated engineering, design, product marketing, services and other product groups to build the next generation of the advertiser facing experiences
- Experience in online advertising, including digital programmatic advertising and inter-operation with non-programmatic advertising
- Understanding of consumer data and privacy issues as they relate to tech platforms and implementation.
- Experience in user experience, web-based technologies
- Experience leading engineering discussions about technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
Key Behaviors for Success in the Role:
- Outcomes and Results-Focused
- Strong Bias for Action
- Ability to Navigate Complex Organization and Influence at all Levels
- Positive attitude, tenacity and high energy to tackle new, challenges and ambiguous problems
- Ability to oscillate between high level strategy and in-depth analyses to inform execution
- Ability to learn quickly, be resourceful and build relationships with new partners and teams across Nike, Inc.
- Clear and direct written and verbal communication
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Location/Region: Beaverton, OR