Acquisitions Editor, Harvard Education Press
Harvard Graduate School of Education
Harvard Education Press (HEP) is a mission-driven publisher at the Harvard Graduate School of Education. Founded in 2002, HEP is a peer-reviewed press overseen by an editorial advisory board drawn from the HGSE faculty and affiliated practitioners. We are a growing press whose mission is to publish books that link research, policy, and practice in the field of education and that address a readership of professional educators and policy makers as well as education scholars. Our offices are adjacent to campus in the heart of Harvard Square, Cambridge, MA.
- The Editor is expected to acquire 15-20 academic/professional books per year in the fields of education research, policy, and practice.
- The Editor will contribute to HEP's editorial program by maintaining and expanding current publishing lists, while identifying new areas of interest. Current list strengths include such areas as education leadership, instructional improvement, race and equity in education, and education policy.
- The Editor solicits, develops, and evaluates proposals, in consultation with editorial colleagues; identifies appropriate reviewers and manages peer review process; and presents proposals to the HEP Editorial Advisory Board.
- The Editor works with authors to develop and revise manuscripts to ensure they meet the Press's standards and incorporate feedback from peer reviewers.
- The Editor works closely with colleagues in production to ensure the smooth flow of the manuscript through that process and consults regularly with colleagues in marketing to ensure that the book reaches its target audience.
Occasional travel required.
Bachelor's degree. Minimum Three years of publishing/editorial acquisitions experience.
Candidates wishing to be considered must supply a cover letter in addition to a resume.
Please Note once Harvard resumes regular operations this position will no longer be remote and work will be performed on campus in Cambridge MA.
Additional Qualifications and Skills
Academic/professional publishing background strongly preferred, with track record of outstanding acquisitions. Knowledge of education sector and current research and issues in K-12 and higher education strongly preferred.Proven editorial judgment. Excellent communication and networking abilities; proven initiative, ability to work independently, and strong interpersonal skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/eozBGBCVg7XgszwKcmlQq