We have an exciting opportunity for a Social Media Producer to join the Science Visuals Department.
Reporting to the Web Content Strategy Manager, the Social Media Producer will generate, schedule, and monitor content on the Science family of journals and News from Science social media feeds. This individual will ensure that all the content published to these feeds is current, relevant, and engaging, with high-quality visuals and social-friendly headlines. The ideal candidate will be a skilled communicator, detail-oriented, and able to work under tight deadlines.
Are you ready to be a Force for Science?
What You’ll Do
- Write and schedule accurate, engaging, and brand-appropriate social media posts for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and other social pages as relevant
- Monitor and moderate feedback on relevant social media accounts, elevating issues as they arise
- Share social content for distribution on other social media feeds with other teams
- Assist in developing and implementing promotional strategies
- Assist in using data to optimize social media scheduling, increase engagement, and drive target audiences to the site
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree; science or communications background is a plus
- One to three years’ experience using social media management tools, such as Hootsuite, TweetDeck, Sprout Social, Facelift, Meltwater/Sysomos, and CrowdTangle
- Familiarity with a variety of social media sites, especially Facebook and Twitter
- Experience assisting with a social media presence professionally
- Experience producing Facebook Live broadcasts a plus
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to quickly read and accurately summarize scientific news and research to write clear, accurate, and engaging headlines and social media posts
- Good judgment, to be applied in the selection of content for online presentation and promotion, as well as for monitoring and moderating social media posts
- Superior skills in coordination, interdepartmental collaboration, and planning
- Ability to handle competing projects and deadlines under pressure
- Awareness of current trends in online journalism and social media
- Comfort with quantitative analysis, including the ability to identify metrics for tracking success of various campaigns, content types, etc. Knowledge of Adobe Analytics or similar a plus
Submit a resume and cover letter outlining qualifications and interest in the position by April 19, 2021. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. A Recruiter will contact you with next steps if you are selected for an interview.
AAAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category. AAAS uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees.
About this company
Founded in 1848, the American Association for the Advancement of Science is an international, nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing science, engineering and innovation for the benefit of all people. With more than 120,000 individual members in more than 91 countries, AAAS is the world’s largest multidisciplinary scientific society and a leading publisher of cutting-edge research through the Science family of journals. As one of the top voices for science worldwide, we spearhead initiatives in policy, international cooperation and diplomacy, STEM education, public engagement, and more. We strive to promote and defend the integrity of science and its use, provide a voice for science on societal issues, and strengthen and diversify the science and technology workforce.