Open to the following locations: Washington D.C., New York, Amsterdam, or London
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
The Communications Manager will lead the AFi’s communications work to build awareness of, support for, and adoption of the Accountability Framework as the premiere global reference for achieving ethical supply chains. This includes refining and leading the implementation of the AFi’s communication strategy, including elements on content and messaging, marketing, and social media. The Communications Manager will play a hands-on role in content development and dissemination for the AFi’s target audiences, with a focus on translating the AFi’s value propositions into effective engagement tailored to companies, industry groups, policy leaders and other target audiences.
ABOUT THE ACCOUNTABILITY FRAMEWORK INITIATIVE
The Accountability Framework initiative (AFi) is a collaborative effort, led by a diverse group of 20+ NGOs from around the world, to bring about a “new normal” of ethical supply chains that are protective of forests, other natural ecosystems, and human rights. Rainforest Alliance leads the secretariat (“Backbone Team”) for this initiative, providing strategy development, technical support, communications, coordination, and administration to support the work of the AFi’s coalition around the world. For more information, please visit: https://accountability-framework.org.
Strategy and coordination
- Support the ongoing refinement and implementation of the AFi communication strategy to promote widespread adoption of the Accountability Framework by target audiences in line with the AFi’s Phase 2 strategy;
- Develop and lead implementation of a content marketing strategy to identify, prioritize, plan, and produce high-value content targeted to specific audience segments;
- Keep current on news, issues, and opportunities relevant to AFi’s strategy and audiences, and incorporate these into communications activities and messages as appropriate;
- Facilitate ongoing engagement with communications teams of AFi coalition members and other strategic partners to define coalition-wide communications priorities and messaging and to coordinate and cross-promote content dissemination;
Content development & dissemination
- Produce editorial and creative content in relevant forms, including internal (AFi coalition) communication, website content, newsletters, press releases, presentations, micro content, bylined articles, videos, and infographics;
- Oversee the AFi online platform (website), including new content, enhanced functionality, and language translations;
- Oversee implementation of the AFi’s social media and dissemination strategy;
- Oversee implementation of a data and analytics strategy to measure and optimize the effectiveness of AFi content, social media and other channels, and the online platform;
- Identify and cultivate earned media opportunities;
- Support the AFi team to prioritize and participate in key external events;
- Curate, update, and ensure the effective use of the AFi’s brand framework, including messaging, style, and visual guidelines;
- Supervise the AFi Communications Associate;
- Oversee the recruitment and management of communications contractors for the online platform, visual design, editorial, and other functions, as needed;
- Contribute to team-wide strategic planning, work planning, and internal systems;
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, international development, social sciences, or a related field;
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible work experience in communications, marketing, journalism, or a related field demonstrating content strategy and content development experience; experience related to the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) sector, sustainability, stakeholder engagement and/or corporate responsibility is a plus;
- Superior English language writing abilities and demonstrated ability to synthesize complex and technical topics for a variety of audiences, including excellent oral communication and presentation skills;
- Meticulous attention to detail, including proven copywriting and editing skills and excellent planning, project management and time management skills;
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office and Wordpress; proficiency with Google Analytics is a plus;
- Strong organizational skills with self-motivation to learn new topics and establish and maintain effective structures and working processes in a dynamic environment, including the ability to work effectively with colleagues and stakeholders from diverse organizations and cultural backgrounds;
- Proficiency in Bahasa Indonesia, Spanish, Portuguese, or French is a plus.
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: March 31, 2021
Only candidates authorized to work in Washington D.C., New York, Amsterdam, or London will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: email@example.com
Location/Region: New York, NY