Position at MediaCom
About the Team :
Business Science, which encompasses Digital Analytics, is one of the fastest growing fields within MediaCom and focuses on (1) providing data and analytics services to our clients, (2) developing optimal processes for managing data and performing analytics and (3) innovating in methods and algorithms used for data and analytics. MediaCom Business Science gives clients the power and confidence to make smarter investment decisions. The Business Science team supplies a wide range of advanced measurement options to drive business, channel & campaign planning as well as support our teams in developing optimization for clients, helping to set clear action plans for improvement.
Business Science is staffed with a team of professionals trained and dedicated to three specific areas: Cross Channel Measurement, Digital Analytics and Business Consultation. We recognize individual skillset and career aspirations when building teams and creating departmental development opportunities.
We are problem solvers at heart and apply data creatively working seamlessly with Planning and specialty functions. We like to share as well as teach and believe in data led decision making. We are passionate and enjoy the energy, variety, and fast-paced environment a media agency has to offer.
About the Role :
The Manager is the center of data analysis and insights . This position is responsible for all deliverables including, but not limited to, campaign reporting, business reviews, media and creative tests, creative analysis, budget forecasting and accuracy.
You will be a true partner to our Planning and Buying teams, and day-to-day client contact with an emphasis on connecting data & analytics with actionable solutions relevant to their lines of business. Helping you with this, you will be managing an Analyst and Senior Analyst to ensure proper delivery and QA on all outgoing deliverables.
- Act as primary day-to-day contact on insights and analytics to digital and traditional media managers and clients
- Actively participates in the development of learning agenda and measurement plans
- Understands, recommends, and carries through on all aspects of measurement strategy
- Actively participates in multiple ongoing deliverables, to ensure streamline process with clear delegation of work
- Actively engage in partnerships with third party vendors for custom surveys / measurement of our campaigns to ensure actionable insights
- Analyze data and generate i nsight s to inform future campaign performance, and help grow lines of business
- Partner with internal media managers to c reate and present compelling presentations that tell a story, have a clear point of view, and provide media/business implications
- Establish strong relationship with client through a demonstration of industry knowledge and of client's basic business issues
- Write and test code that will help automate data collection and process ing using SQL Server and other database management platforms
Your People Skills :
- Manage and mentor junior staff
- Adept at communicating effectively across all levels and managing workflow
- Exercise diplomacy as applicable
- Capable of working successfully within a team as well as independently
- Establish and maintain effective relationships interdepartmentally and with client
- Ability to navigate difficult/challenging conversations with win/win outcomes
Your Knowledge & Abilities :
- Knowledge of media planning process and methods for budget allocation for media and fees across all media platforms
- Knowledge of media industry research tools including MRI, Media Metrix, Nielsen, MOAT/ DoubleVerify , and DCM
- Proficient in ad servers, data management systems , data visualization platforms (ideally Tableau), and advanced Excel functionality
- Visual presenting techniques for data analysis
- Possesses both strategic and tactical skill sets with an eye for numbers, proficient at problem solving with a strong command of online (and ideally offline) media
- Manage client requests and handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability and desire to produce POVs to justify decisions and/or educate
- Simplify the complex and communicate clear storylines and business implications (grounded on data)
- Comfortable presenting results to clients in a compelling and concise manner
Your Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree required
- An MS degree in Statistics, Economics, or Applied Math is a plus
- 3-5 years related work experience
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators. We are 8,500 of the world's leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries. We have a global client roster that's the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, Richemont and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. O ur Systems Thinking approach combines data, technology and creativity to design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We're part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business. All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It's our People First, Better Results philosophy. We know that when we invest in our people, we'll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients. We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That's why we are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we. Welcome to MediaCom! www.mediacomusa.com https://www.facebook.com/MediaComUsa/ https://twitter.com/MediaComUS https://www.linkedin.com/company/mediacom
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.
Location/Region: New York, NY