Our client is looking for a passionate and results-oriented Product Designer to join their Digital Media team. This position will work side-by-side with diverse product team members to produce beautiful, compelling, and useful Subscription Video On Demand (SVOD) products that span across digital platforms and include executions on desktop, tablet, smartphone, and emerging platforms such as Apple TV, Roku, and Smart TVs. The ideal candidate must have a portfolio presenting intuitive design solutions for web, mobile, and/or OTT applications and demonstrate strong interface design skills based on principles of design and user-centered design methodologies. This will be a temp-to-hire opportunity with full-time hours.
Product Designer Responsibilities:
Product Designer Qualifications:
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with design team, product team, and extended digital media team to understand design and UX strategies, business needs, requirements, goals, and metrics, as well create a shared understanding of user needs throughout all phases of the product design process.
- Work closely with product team members (product owner, front-end developers, software engineers, designers, etc.) to develop best-of-breed digital products that meet the needs of users and drive business goals and objectives.
- Create sketches, interfaces, prototypes, user flows, and translate designs into working interfaces with compelling and delightful interactions, transitions and animations.
- Provide guidance and assets throughout entire product design and development process to ensure design synergy across platforms and a stellar final product.
- BA in Graphic Design, Communication Design, Information Design, Interaction Design, or design related field.
- 1-3 years’ experience in designing and prototyping for desktop, mobile, and/or over-the-top (OTT) applications.
- Portfolio that demonstrates strong visual and graphic design skills via intuitive and engaging UI design with a simple clean style and a pixel-level attention to detail.
- Have a strong design point of view and understanding of fundamental design principles, typography, layout, grid systems, hierarchy, color, and composition.
- Understanding of interaction design concepts.
- Understand principles of website, mobile, and digital design in general (knowledge of streaming services and devices is a plus).
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects is a strong plus), Sketch, and prototyping tools
- Solid presentation skills
- Familiarity with established human interface guidelines (iOS, Android, game consoles, connected TVs, etc.).
- Entertainment industry experience a plus.
Job ID: 320486DC
About this company
Cella is an award-winning leader in consulting, staffing and managed solutions for creative, marketing, digital and proposal development teams.
Location/Region: Astoria, NY