The Record-Journal, located in Meriden, Connecticut, is looking for an experienced part-time reporter fluent in English and Spanish for our COVID-19 Collaborative Vaccination Reporting Project. This position is temporary in nature and the project is expected to last three months.
This reporter will be responsible for reporting on issues surrounding COVID-19 vaccinations in local Latino communities, especially challenges and concerns related to awareness, health care access, misinformation, language, and other cultural factors.
This three-month project involves working with collaborators in the community to identify and address specific questions and concerns among Latinos, as well as providing critical information about local resources and profiling key stakeholders.
The project is being conducted in conjunction with the Record-Journal’s Latino Communities Reporting Lab.
This position requires social media and multimedia skills.
Your application must include a resume, cover letter, and 3-4 links to your work.
- Minimum educational requirement, Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 1-2 years reporting experience or equivalent experience preferred.
- Fluently speak and write in both English and Spanish
- Ability to conceive and execute enterprise reporting on highly specialized topics with authority.
- Ability to handle daily, short-term and long-term assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to write accurately under deadline pressure and provide necessary analysis and context in all stories.
- Excellent communication skills, show initiative, and exercise good news judgment.
- Multimedia and social media savvy are required.
- This position requires the ability to travel locally to gather newsworthy content. A valid driver's license and vehicle are required; or, if no driver's license, reliable and at-the-ready transportation.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Any candidate selected must pass a background check and drug screen as a condition of employment.