The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (www.aiaa.org) in Reston, VA has an exciting career opportunity for an Event Program Executive to guide the development and execution of ASCEND, AIAA’s flagship platform focused on building our off-world future, and lead the long-term vision of the product.
Reporting to the Managing Director, Professional Development, the incumbent will work closely with AIAA members and staff, as well as outside partners and consultants, to ensure that the content and format of ASCEND and its associated outcomes are aligned with the organizational vision and AIAA strategic goals. The Event Program Executive will coordinate cross-functional teams to implement these responsibilities and ensure that attendee, partner, and organizational expectations are met.
Specific areas of responsibility:
- Provide strategic, operational, and financial decision-making authority for ASCEND in close consultation with the Executive Producer, Project Managers, and other stakeholders.
- Assume full project ownership to ensure deadlines, schedules, and budgets are met through the allocation of internal and external resources.
- Research important industry topics and keep up to date with industry trends to ensure ASCEND content is relevant to the intended audience.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key professionals, industry leaders, C-level executives throughout the year.
- Coordinate multiple cross-functional teams to ensure clear communication and program and budget accountability.
- Work closely with the ASCEND Executive Producer and Guiding Coalition to identify themes, focus areas, and high-level content to be addressed across the ASCEND platform on an annual basis, and to secure the participation of high level, industry-leading speakers.
- Work closely with the AIAA Publications team and volunteer committees to review, select, and organize community-contributions, including technical publications and collaborative sessions.
- Work closely with the AIAA Marketing and Communications team to provide direction for the sales, marketing, and communications strategy, including social media channels and website development, to enable successful execution by responsible team members.
- Work closely with AIAA Project Managers to facilitate the planning and execution of all ASCEND-related events, including virtual and onsite activities, to provide exceptional customer experiences.