Next Avenue, the leading public media journalism source serving readers 50+, is looking for an experienced Health and Caregiving Editor to lead daily publishing and strategy in a rapidly changing space. This editor is responsible for coverage of everything from pragmatic guides to living longer and better, understanding Alzheimer’s disease from prevention to caring for a loved one, to advice on handling the day-to-day challenges of caregiving as well as step-by-step instructions on planning for end-of-life care. Key responsibilities include planning, editing, writing and publishing multiple articles and features each week.
This is a rare opportunity to shape the direction and content of two major beats in a mission driven, creative and forward-thinking work environment. The successful candidate will drive fresh and timely story angles and provide exceptional, informative and engaging service journalism that attracts a sizable readership.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Drive health and caregiving channel strategy by setting areas of coverage, identifying opportunities for new features and funding opportunities, and leading enterprise reporting that sets us apart from competitors.
- Meet an expectation of planning and publishing 8-12 articles/features per month and within budget.
- Guide a team of outside contributors in creating unique and original reporting.
- Track and report out on story performance and fold learnings into future work.
- Format articles and features in CMS (Wordpress) to ensure optimal presentation.
- Collaborate with product, audience and business managers to ensure reach, engagement and revenue goals are met.
- Maintain an unequivocal commitment to accuracy, fairness and ethics.
- Demonstrate a passion and ability to learn new products, techniques and tools to create compelling and groundbreaking products.
Location/Region: Andover, MN (55304)