Conference Exhibits and Advertising Coordinator - Medical Education and Society Management Company
Company: BroadWater is a successful and growing medical education and society management company in Wheaton, IL.
Role: Responsibilities include:
- Coordination of Promotion: Manage the development (working with an external designer), production, and distribution of print and digital materials to promote multiple:
- Exhibits, workshops, and other promotional opportunities at several major medical conferences.
- Online advertising and promotional opportunities for medical device companies, separate from those provided at conferences.
- Coordination of Sales Process: Oversee the sales process for exhibits, online advertising, and other promotional opportunities, including:
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing and potential clients.
- Provide clients with promotional materials and respond to questions and requests for information.
- Manage the post-sales process to ensure exhibits, advertising, and promotional opportunities that have been sold are successfully delivered, and clients receive final reports and invoicing.
- Coordinate website and database updates.
- While the role includes sales, the focus is primarily to existing clients and is highly collegial and customer-service oriented. There is no cold-calling and no sales quotas.
- Exhibits Planning and On-site Coordination: Plan and provide on-site management of exhibits at several major medical conferences, including:
- Hire exhibitor services vendor; coordinate development of exhibit hall floorplans and exhibitor service kits; respond to exhibitor planning questions; and manage exhibitor pre-registration.
- Provide on-site support by working with the exhibit services vendors to manage the exhibit hall; oversee exhibitor registration; and other support as needed. 2-5 trips annually, primarily in the US.
Hours: Full Time (40 hrs./week; potential for some remote work after training period)
Reports to: Director of Medical Meetings and the company’s President (depending on specific project)
- Strong writing and general communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with social media and email marketing platforms
- Quick-learner, flexibility, ability to adapt to new responsibilities and situations