The Lead Reporter – Healthcare News/Analysis is a statewide expert on healthcare in underserved communities. Driven by strong analysis and an authoritative voice built around reporting of trends and personal experiences in the community, coverage will include incremental posting of breaking news, deep analysis and regularly produced beat enterprise.
For this position, we are looking for a candidate with:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or Communications or related field required
- Minimum five years’ journalism experience with a proven ability in reporting and writing required, preferably including experience with healthcare challenges in under-served communities
- Written and verbal fluency in Spanish, a plus
- Proven experience building, maintaining and engaging an active audience
- Ability to work independently under deadline pressure and prioritize tasks appropriately
- Demonstrated reporting, writing and organizational skills
- Solid understanding of news writing, journalistic ethics and story structure
- Experience with search engine optimization practices
- Experience using social media to source and promote content a plus
- Demonstrated capability in capitalizing on high-value topics by engaging audiences in frequency and urgency
- Understanding of the methods and tools used to deliver content across a variety of platforms.
- Understanding imperatives of multiple platforms – print, mobile, Internet, etc.
- Proven ability to utilize a broad set of tools to tell stories and engage the audience
- Ability to leverage relationships with sources to deliver content that differentiates the organization from competitors
- Keeps abreast of industry advances and proactively considers new methods of reaching audiences including engaging, interactive and optimized product offerings
Advance Local Media offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including generous paid time off, flexible holidays and parental leave as well as options for your healthcare.
NJ Advance Media is a company positioned for the future. We embrace the rapidly evolving digital landscape and are committed to developing new solutions across current and emerging media to help advertisers grow their businesses. In addition to flexible advertising opportunities with powerful media vehicles that we represent, we offer custom digital solutions from web and mobile site development, to a sophisticated array of search and social media optimization and targeted display solutions to reach audiences on all platforms.
Our focus is on developing a real-time approach to reporting news, sports and entertainment content for consumption across all platforms and devices throughout New Jersey and Easton, PA. On nj.com and lehighvalleylive.com, we ensure the communities we serve have 24/7 access to the news and information that's most relevant locally, regionally and beyond. Our quality journalism and in-depth coverage is provided locally in The Star-Ledger, The Hunterdon County Democrat, The Suburban News, The Times of Trenton, South Jersey Times and The Express-Times.
NJ Advance Media is a part of Advance Local Media, one of the largest media groups in the United States, which operates the leading news and information companies in more than 20 cities, reaching 58+ million people monthly with our quality, real-time journalism and community engagement. Our company is built upon the values of Integrity, Customer-first, Inclusiveness, Collaboration and Forward-looking. For more information about Advance Local, please visit www.advancelocal.com.
Advance Local Media is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, encouraging applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other category protected under federal, state or local law.