TPM is hiring an Editor for Content Strategy and Audience Development. This is a newly created position charged with developing a strategy for and overseeing distribution of TPM goodness in all its forms.
We are looking for someone who has experience designing and implementing audience growth and development strategies in an editorial environment. As the brains behind our comprehensive distribution strategy, they will work alongside our editorial and publishing teams to enhance its success.
Our goal: to broaden our audience, expand our membership program, and make TPM thrive across both current and emerging social platforms.
- A strong journalistic background is a must, and a keen eye for politics and a familiarity with TPM’s sensibility are preferred.
- You’re creative, energetic, outgoing and eager to spread TPM goodness far and wide.
- You’ll be part of the newsroom, but you’ll work closely with the publishing side to:
- Grow our audience to widen the pool of potential members
- Convert readers into members
- Help make our work accessible and essential
- Create distribution plans for our top editorial priorities
- Manage in-house social media accounts that mirror TPM’s voice
- Understand and analyze the metrics we need to grow
- Broaden our reach across platforms
- Work closely with reporters and editors on best practices for audience and member engagement
- Help nourish and deepen the TPM member experience
We’re looking for:
- At least three years of experience in audience development, preferably in a journalistic setting (extra points for political journalism experience)
- Track record of launching successful distribution plans
- The ability to walk in the door and assess TPM’s needs and shortcomings in the audience development realm
- The energy and drive to implement a new audience strategy and secure buy-in across the company
- Finely honed news judgment and attention to the nuances of story and craft
- Ability to inhale and divine meaning from metrics
- Proven ability to collaborate in a team setting
- Consistently on time and on point in meeting expectations
This is a position covered under the Writers Guild of America East Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location/Region: New York, NY (10011)