Summary of Duties:
The Edward R. Murrow College of Communication and Northwest Public Broadcasting are looking for an individual with strong news reporting skills to produce network-quality news and feature reports. This position will work with a regional news team to gather, write, and produce multi-platform spots and features about the local region to be presented in both English and Spanish.
The journalist will live and work in the Central Washington region, at a location to be determined by the reporter and NWPB, with preference for the Yakima Valley, the Tri-Cities, Ellensburg or Wenatchee. The reporter will regularly travel throughout the region in the course of their work.
Must be a tenacious journalist with unwavering commitment to the importance of ethical, fair, accurate journalism who believes in the power of purpose of public media.
Position requires a Bachelor’s degree in broadcasting, mass communications, or closely related field, and two (2) years of radio broadcast and/or news reporting experience, which has included experience in gathering, writing, editing, and producing news and feature reports.
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English/Spanish languages.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain at time of hire, a valid, unrestricted driver’s license.
- Experience publishing and/or maintaining websites.
- Experience or training in new technologies for the gathering and delivery of news.
- Experience in podcasting in a production role.
- Using social media in a news environment.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, May 10, 2021
APPLY AT: https://wsu.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WSU_Jobs/job/Bilingual-Multi-Platform-Journalist---Central-Washington_R-884
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER.