Location: Remote or Ashburn, VA.
Salary Range: $52,102 - $61,297
The National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) is the leading not-for-profit organization dedicated to building strong, vibrant and resilient communities through the power of parks and recreation.
With more than 60,000 members, NRPA advances this mission by investing in and championing the work of park and recreation professionals and advocates — the catalysts for positive change in service of equity, climate-readiness, and overall health and well-being. For more information, visit www.nrpa.org. For digital access to NRPA’s flagship publication, Parks & Recreation, visit www.parksandrecreation.org.
The National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) is actively seeking a forward-thinking and creative person to fill our Graphic Designer position.
This position will be responsible for creating visual concepts, layouts and graphic designs for print, email, web, mobile and other digital platforms to support the promotion of NRPA’s programs and services to our membership. The ideal candidate must possess graphic design, web design and layout skills, and be creative and flexible. This individual must also demonstrate an acute attention to detail and be able to manage multiple projects with varying deadlines in a fast-paced setting.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Ensure that visual concept development, layout and design are within the parameters of NRPA’s brand identity and standards.
- Create visual concepts of varying types that match the content and the image requested by stakeholders, including properly preparing documents for print or web.
- Manage assigned creative projects from concept to completion, including handling relationships with outside vendors.
- Design direct-mail campaigns, logos, brochures, flyers, posters, print and digital advertisements, conference resources and other marketing and publishing materials.
- Design web page concepts and implement them into HTML/CSS web pages through a content management system.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Marketing, Communications, or related equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in a graphic or visual design position.
- A website portfolio or physical portfolio showcasing design experience (do not apply without a portfolio).
- Previous experience using email marketing platforms and social media platforms.
- Highly proficient in the current Adobe Creative Suite software, including InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop and Acrobat Pro.
- Must be able to work with the design software on a PC. Must be proficient in MSWord, PowerPoint and Excel. Must be willing to learn new software as it becomes available.
- Knowledge of Prepress and printing standards. File preparation for web/digital vs. print requirements.
- Expertise in print magazine publishing preferred.
- Familiarity with a wide range of other design, web and multimedia software and applications, including Keynote and animation software, a plus.
- Web design/development experience, including webpage layout, email design, HTML and CSS coding, and CMS experience (EpiServer preferred).
- Experience with creating/editing videos a strong preference, but not required.
- Capable of synthesizing feedback and applying recommendations to creative projects.
- Ability to manage deadlines, prioritize projects and work in a collaborative setting.
- Creativity, attention to detail and writing skills are all key to the position.
- Flexibility in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be willing to travel up to 10 days per year.