Love to produce, innovate and dominate digital? Sinclair Broadcast Group is seeking an experienced Digital Producer who will create and publish a NEW daily national newsletter as part of “The National Desk” broadcast news service.
Airing weekday mornings, "The National Desk" is available to viewers across Sinclair's CW and MY Network affiliates, as well as on all Sinclair station websites and STIRR, Sinclair's free, over-the-top streaming platform.
The TND Digital email producer position requires strong skills in writing, journalism and digital media, with an ability to work with remote team members and across different departments. You should have a flair for great, engaging writing – not just posting headlines in an email.
Ideal candidates will relish the opportunity to build something great from scratch to become an email market leader. He or she should have a full understanding of the email marketing business and its levers for success, including subject lines, open rates and click rates. The TND digital email producer should be a digital and video news junkie who loves engaging with news each day to deliver best-in-class content to growing and engaged audiences. He or she should be tapped into the pulse of what people are consuming and be a step ahead by identifying stories that will be of high consumer interest.
The newsletter should have a voice and reflect TND giving Sinclair's audience with the most important national stories, simultaneously providing both local and national perspectives on the news of the day.
Essential Duties and Requirements:
- Great, catchy, smart writing to engage audiences
- Curating the top and best stories from TND’s daily operations into an engaging, awesome, clickable daily newsletter
- Working with email operations team members to ensure best practices, data reporting, engagement and revenue opportunities
- Coordinating with TND leadership and staff on daily output and newsletter operations
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter approach to TND newsletter development, coordinating with appropriate stakeholders
- Flexibility to adjust, test and change course as needed in the development of the TND newsletter
- News junkie who also has the ability to execute during breaking news events and provide context
- Provide email data and information to other TND leadership and staff as needed and without prompting
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent, engaging writing and communication skills
- Must have experience writing and managing a newsletter
- Must understand newsletter ecosystem
- Must have an understanding and passion for National News
- Email marketing experience using Salesforce is a plus
- Applicants should provide examples of past email newsletter work upon applying
The position may be remote anywhere in the continental United States, though ideally would be in the Arlington, VA, area.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.