Associate Live Operations Content Director - Sledgehammer GamesRequisition ID:
R005122Job Description:Your Platform
Located in the San Francisco Bay Area and Melbourne, Australia - we're the videogame development team behind Call of Duty ® : Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty ® : Advanced Warfare and Call of Duty ® : WWII . Since our founding in 2009, our greatest passion has been making AAA games. The strength of our team makes us not only excellent at what we do, but also how we do it. We firmly believe in supporting our talented employees to be the best they can be. Here at Sledgehammer Games, everyone is a game maker.
As we head into decade II of development, we're focused on constantly evolving, innovating and taking risks - which are some of the most rewarding aspects of game development. With world-class audio, design, engineering and art teams, we've been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we're looking for talented game developers for our exciting next project.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com
or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it's like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our #LifeatSHG developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4Your Mission:
We need a creative visionary! As an Associate Live Operations Content Director you will be drive the entire creative process by owning the vision for Live Services in-game content on our next big AAA title. You will create and manage assets from concept to full implementation while balancing the needs of marketing and a positive player experience. You will have the versatility to work across products and mediums: print, digital, online, and console; and know the nuances of working inside each.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Own the creative theming of live game offerings
- Oversee studio-side creation of promotional content for events and seasonal campaigns. Coordinate with publishing teams to ensure we support marketing efforts with high quality creative
- Ensure strong value perception of post launch content by setting up strategies for visual rarity escalation, broad and relevant content theming, store and battle pass billboards planning and others
- Work with art and business stakeholders to create detailed visual direction for content evolution throughout life of the game
- Together with Product Management and publishing teams work on improving visual quality of our Message of the Day feature
- Create mock-ups, prototypes, direction decks and mood-boards with an eye for in-game merchandising
- Coordinate with our internal and external partners
- 10+ years of experience in design with a strong background in branding or marketing.
- Expert knowledge in Adobe suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, InDesign)
- Superior skills in graphics design including typography, layout, and composition
- Ability to deliver content along the creative vision of the IP
- A strong portfolio of work
- Prior experience in a game studio or publisher supporting AAA titles
- Experience in an advertising agency
- A passion for games
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Location/Region: Foster City, CA