Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers.
Reporting to the Head of Communications, the Social Media Manager will be responsible for all social media at Checkr including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and employee amplification. This will include refining the social media plan, establishing our social media processes, measuring and reporting on analytics, and evolving Checkr’s social media goals to support our overall strategic marketing plan. The ideal candidate will work to build brand awareness, amplify thought leadership, and grow our audience and engagement. This person will have a strong background in strategic planning within the social and digital space and experience developing and implementing highly successful social media campaigns. This hands-on role serves as the principal for community management on social media.
- Own Checkr’s social media channels, including day-to-day management operations, content development, and content scheduling publishing.
- Oversee community management and ensure engagement across all channels is appropriate, on-brand, and as real-time as possible.
- Create and manage the content calendar; collaborate with Marketing & Communications Team to ensure content accuracy and execution across the organization’s social platforms.
- Collect, analyze, and report on metrics/analytics; provide monthly reports to leadership.
- Uncover insights and develop actionable recommendations for how to optimize and move the brand forward on social media channels based on performance.
- Work in collaboration with Brand Studio team members to develop and maintain photographic and video assets.
- Help identify culturally relevant digital brand partners for collaborations; develop social media strategies for organization partners.
- Tell Checkr’s customer and partner stories in engaging and thought-provoking ways.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, advertising, social media, or a related field.
- Minimum of five years of professional experience managing social media channels and reporting platforms such as Sprout Social, Sprinklr, or Hootsuite.
- Experience with organizational social media content strategies, social media analytics, and trends, and experience in dealing with crisis communication, particularly online.
- Familiarity with project management systems and G Suite.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Excellent project management, including proactive and independent development of work plans, timelines, and budgets.
- Ability to present concepts to colleagues and successfully articulate a clear creative vision.
- Capacity for following trends to keep content engaging and relevant; provide recommendations on trending topics, products, and best practices.
- Strong organization skills and highly detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects with efficiency and minor supervision.
- Highly collaborative, able to build a knowledge base on social media practices to internal stakeholders.
- Superior written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
- Mission-based company to promote a fairer future for all.
*The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $81,000-$96,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
Location/Region: Denver, CO