Social media producer, It's a Southern Thing
It's a Southern Thing is looking for a creative, passionate social media producer with a great sense of humor to help manage social media and our nearly 5 million followers across Facebook, TikTok, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter. We serve up relatable humor, inspirational people, and fascinating stories that show the South as the culturally rich, diverse, down-home place it really is.
We're looking for someone to join our team to help us grow a new kind of Southern media company. This role will require someone who's passionate about connecting with our followers and growing our audience. We're seeking someone who constantly innovates and stays in tune with changes to algorithms across platforms, and adjusts content plans accordingly. The ideal candidate not only keeps up with trends, but also starts them.
This job will require you to:
- Share content across multiple accounts in a voice and style that is appropriate for each brand and platform, including Facebook, TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and more as we continue to expand.
- Create memes/short videos that spark conversations about relatable Southern experiences.
- Monitor conversations and respond to questions and comments from our followers.
- Work both individually and collaboratively.
- Identify trending content.
- Monitor analytics.
- Participate in conversations about the South.
- Work a flexible schedule.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven experience building, engaging and maintaining a social media following for a brand or as a creator.
- A strong understanding of reaching and growing audience on TikTok.
- Experience producing written and/or visual content.
- Ability to create short-form video content independently.
- Sound judgment, a solid understanding of grammar and ability to write clean copy.
- Recognition and understanding of evolving social tools and trends.
- Experience monitoring social media content and scheduling posts for times that ensure optimal audience engagement.
- Experience using social media management tools and managing a content calendar.
If you're willing to experiment, not afraid of change, open to hard work, brainstorming, collaboration, big ideas and taking chances, we want to hear from you. Our team is working remotely now, but this job will be based in Birmingham, Alabama, when our offices re-open. Continued remote work is possible for the right candidate. This position reports to Managing Producer Matt Mitchell.
When you apply, please include:
- Your resume
- A short cover letter introduction with links to social content you're created and an example of how you'd Southern-ize a trend to start a conversation
Advance Local, one of the largest media groups in the United States, operates the leading news and information companies in more than 24 cities, reaching 50+ million people monthly with our quality, real-time journalism and community engagement. Our company is built upon the values of Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Fearlessness, and Customer Focus.
Advance Local includes MLive Media Group, Advance Ohio, Alabama Media Group, NJ Advance Media, Advance Media NY, MassLive Media, Oregonian Media Group, Staten Island Media Group, Advance 360, The Alpha Group, Headline Studio, PA Media Group, and our Enterprise Digital Innovation team. For more information about Advance Local, please visit www.advancelocal.com.
Advance Local is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, physical or mental impairment, sexual orientation, marital status or any other category protected under federal, state or local law.
About this company
Advance Local, one of the largest media groups in the United States, operates the leading news and information companies in more than 25 cities, reaching 50+ million people monthly with our quality, real-time journalism and community engagement.
Never resting on our laurels, our company is built upon the values of Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Fearlessness, and Customer Focus. Always innovating and evolving, we continually look for ways to deepen our relationship with our readers and advertisers. As part of our mission, we make a difference in the communities we serve by empowering our audiences with quality news and information. We partner with our clients to help them grow.
Location/Region: Birmingham, AL (35203)