The Optical Society (OSA) is recruiting for a Web Communications Specialist, Temporary. This is a challenging role managing a variety of dynamic digital properties using Kentico CMS and other digital content platforms as part of OSA's web team. You will support the development and maintenance of custom websites, mobile apps, and other digital properties for multiple customers in a deadline-oriented environment. You will use your advanced knowledge of HTML, web standards, and best practices to assist staff and support society's day-to-day operations.
- Monitor Web desk tickets, receive requests, implements or routes requested changes as appropriate, follows-up with the requestor, and tracks completion.
- In collaboration with the Web team staff and staff page owners, maintains the content updates on OSA digital properties, including uploading and implementing content changes
- Assists with providing tailored, one-on-one training in Kentico CMS to marketers and web page owners, as needed
- Communicate directly with customers to understand their needs and diagnose any issues or bugs reported.
- Manage the publishing of content from staging to production and ensure all content is presented correctly on the production website
- Assist staff with minor edits and cropping of images. Please be aware this is not a graphic designer position.
- Assist with uploading video and managing video metadata in Brightcove Studio on a regular or ad hoc basis.
- Assists communications team with edits to OSA's blog and posts to OSA's social media accounts
- Assists with periodic analytics reports using Google Analytics and Google Data Studio.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree and related experience in website content management and digital marketing
- Experience in web production or website development.
- Customer service experience or experience directly support and working with and assisting non-technical users.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong creative and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in HTML and CSS and familiar with web standards and best practices.
- Knowledge of website design, web content production creation, and content management systems. Kentico, or another enterprise CMS (Ektron, Sitecore, etc) experience preferred.
- Proficient in web graphics creation using Photoshop, Acrobat, or InDesign
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, proofreading, and editing.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to handle multiple tasks.
- Able to document reported issues for replication and to perform basic troubleshooting.
- Familiar with web accessibility standards and ensuring content meets requirements for AA rating.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and basic web analytics reporting.
- Knowledge of social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc.
Please send your resume with cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.