As an Account Executive with NJ Advance Media, you will be part of a dynamic sales team driving advertising revenue for one of the country's largest privately-owned media companies. Your sales success will come from new business development efforts, as well as client growth, through our industry-leading digital and print advertising products. You'll be supported by our leadership team, our interactive sales and product training program, and our commitment to provide resources for your successful sales career.
In this role, you will:
- Achieve your sales goals by prospecting new business and developing existing accounts to grow our overall brand
- Meet with local business owners and decision-makers to uncover and understand their business needs and goals so that you can advise clients on our comprehensive product mix including print, digital, search, video and mobile solutions
- Work with colleagues to design custom advertising and marketing solutions that fit your clients' needs
- Present solutions to clients, working collaboratively to achieve the product mix aligned to their goals
- Further your client relationships through retention and upselling
- Review campaign results, learn from data and celebrate your successes
- Work with our advertising fulfillment team to provide accurate information for each client campaign
For this position we're looking for candidates with:
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of education with related experience
- Proven success of increasing sales in a competitive marketplace, using a needs-based selling approach
- Experience in digital advertising would give you a head start
- Skills build on to effectively negotiate and close sales with our products
- Ability to build rapport and confidence with clients
- Excellent communication skills - to write, create and deliver effective presentations
- Self-motivation and resilience
- Ability to effectively organize your day, multi-task by pivoting to various sales activities to build your pipeline, and work under deadlines
- Familiarity with CRM sales management software experience, ideally SalesForce (we'll provide training)
- Solid skills in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly in Power Point & Excel to create presentations and review data
Advance Local Media offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including generous paid time off, flexible holidays and parental leave as well as options for your healthcare.
NJ Advance Media is a company positioned for the future. We embrace the rapidly evolving digital landscape and are committed to developing new solutions across current and emerging media to help advertisers grow their businesses. In addition to flexible advertising opportunities with powerful media vehicles that we represent, we offer custom digital solutions from web and mobile site development, to a sophisticated array of search and social media optimization and targeted display solutions to reach audiences on all platforms.
Our focus is on developing a real-time approach to reporting news, sports and entertainment content for consumption across all platforms and devices throughout New Jersey and Easton, PA. On nj.com and lehighvalleylive.com, we ensure the communities we serve have 24/7 access to the news and information that's most relevant locally, regionally and beyond. Our quality journalism and in-depth coverage is provided locally in The Star-Ledger, The Hunterdon County Democrat, The Suburban News, The Times of Trenton, South Jersey Times and The Express-Times.
NJ Advance Media is a part of Advance Local Media, one of the largest media groups in the United States, which operates the leading news and information companies in more than 20 cities, reaching 58+ million people monthly with our quality, real-time journalism and community engagement. Our company is built upon the values of Integrity, Customer-first, Inclusiveness, Collaboration and Forward-looking. For more information about Advance Local, please visit www.advancelocal.com.
Advance Local Media is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, encouraging applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other category protected under federal, state or local law.
About this company
Advance Local, one of the largest media groups in the United States, operates the leading news and information companies in more than 25 cities, reaching 50+ million people monthly with our quality, real-time journalism and community engagement.
Never resting on our laurels, our company is built upon the values of Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Fearlessness, and Customer Focus. Always innovating and evolving, we continually look for ways to deepen our relationship with our readers and advertisers. As part of our mission, we make a difference in the communities we serve by empowering our audiences with quality news and information. We partner with our clients to help them grow.
Location/Region: Trenton, NJ (08611)