Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. Watch HERE to find out why you should work at MSC and join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Requisition ID : 5829
Employment Type : Full Time
Job Category : Marketing
Work Location : Melville, NY (CSC)
State or Province : New York (US-NY)
Potential Work Location : United States : New York : Melville
*REMOTE OPPORTUNITY! BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
The Digital Marketing Program Manager is responsible for planning, executing and analyzing digital, paid media marketing (*revenue focused) programs with the goal of growing brand awareness, driving traffic, generating demand, and producing sustainable profits. This role is focused heavily on the optimization and expansion of paid search (SEM) programs through the utilization of MSC’s digital marketing technology stack and external partners, while also working cross-functionally across the organization to inform and align, develop programs to achieve specific measurable results and further MSC’s digital marketing expertise.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops, implements and optimizes digital marketing programs, utilizing tactics that include but are not limited to paid search, affiliate, content marketing, digital events, email, display and social media to meet market share, sales, profitability, and customer satisfaction goals
- Utilizes a data-driven approach to identify trends and targets, deploy programs, implement tests and optimize digital marketing programs to efficiently achieve set objectives and results
- Optimizes and continually improves digital marketing programs to generate awareness, consideration, conversion, and loyalty
- Works cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, eCommerce, CategoryManagement,Customer Solutions and external agencies and vendors to understand and align on customer needs, supplier commitments, industry drivers, and competitive dynamics to develop digital marketing programs
- Collaborates with select supplier partners to develop and implement digital marketing programs
- Owns development and distribution of monthly, quarterly and annual performance for digital marketing programs
- Develops and executes against budgets and forecasts, through collaboration with Marketing, Finance, Co-Op Advertising and/or Category Management, to implement vendor-funded digital marketing programs
- Develops project plans, milestones, and calendars to ensure that digital marketing programs and tactics are executed in a structured and timely manner
- Works cross-functionally and with external partners to ensures MSC digital properties and assets are routinely maintained, updated and tagged properly for tracking accuracy
- Informs and educates internal and external stakeholders on digital marketing, MSC’s capabilities and drives alignment to shared goals
- Monitors and stays current with digital marketing & competitive trends to learn and influence digital strategies, identify opportunities and maintain fluency in emerging methodologies
- Attends and participates in relevant marketing and organizational meetings
- Supports the MSC brand by ensuring consistency across deployed tactics and on digital platforms with adherence to brand standards including voice, identity and tone
- Fosters the MSC Culture within the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of MSC’s vision and unity of purpose
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or the equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum of seven years business experience with a minimum of three years in a digital marketing function required.
- Proven success in developing digital marketing programs that meet/exceed objectives tied to driving awareness & engagement, increasing sales results and/or driving profitability
- Experienced at establishing and building professional relationships, both internal and external
- Experience managing external agency partners and suppliers
- Creative thinker with a demonstrated ability to create innovative marketing programs
- Applied knowledge of digital marketing tools and ‘best practices’
- Customer focused with a demonstrated ability to manage digital marketing programs, along with developing/maintaining internal/external relationships and influencing key stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Intermediate to advanced Excel or equivalent skills
- Excellent presentation skills, including the development of PowerPoint visuals
- Excellent time-management, organizational skills and strong attention to details
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment, on multiple projects simultaneously and under tight deadlines
- Ability and flexibility to adjust to changing requirements, schedules and priorities
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel as needed are required.
Compensation starting at $81,697.00 and up commensurate with experience
Benefits may include: paid time away including holidays and parental leave, medical and dental plans, retirement savings plans with company-match, disability and life insurance, tuition reimbursement program, recognition and service award programs, wellness and workplace flexibility programs, stock purchase plan, and product discounts (Benefits may vary by location).
People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family’s health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At MSC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and our associates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or any category protected by applicable law.
Location/Region: Melville, NY