As an Advance Local Account Executive with PA Media Group, you will be part of a dynamic sales team driving advertising revenue for one of the country's largest privately-owned media companies. In this developmental role, you'll assist our sales team with local retail advertising customers to implement successful multimedia solutions from a broad, diverse portfolio of exceptional products. We'll provide comprehensive training and support as you learn the full range of our offerings and work alongside talented and knowledgeable sales people and gain the organizational "big picture." You'll be supported by our leadership team, our interactive sales and product training program, and our commitment to provide resources for your successful sales career.
In this role, you will:
- Provide high-level customer service
- Work with colleagues to design custom advertising and marketing solutions that fit clients' needs
- Present solutions to clients, working collaboratively to achieve the product mix aligned to their goals
- Complete sales process, post-sale
- Attend sales meetings
- Cover sales territories for sales reps when necessary, via phone and in-person sales calls
For this position we're looking for candidates with:
- College degree preferred, not required, or in place of degree, demonstrated ability to perform customer focused job
- The ability to quickly learn and use new technology
- Skills build on to effectively negotiate and close sales with our products
- Ability to build rapport and confidence with clients
- Excellent communication skills - to write, create and deliver effective presentations
- Self-motivation and resilience
- Ability to effectively organize your day, multi-task by pivoting to various sales activities to develop sales opportunities, and work under deadline
- Solid skills in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly in Power Point & Excel to create presentations and review data
We offer comprehensive benefits including paid time off, 401k participation with company match, parental leave and health care benefit options.
PA Media Group is a digitally focused news and information company which publishes and operates PennLive, The Patriot News and a growing suite of digital, print and video products. The Pulitzer Prize winning Patriot-News has been serving the communities and people of central Pennsylvania since 1854, proving audience growth and impact journalism go hand-in-hand. Our extensive portfolio of unsurpassed digital and data capabilities offer our advertisers the ability to grow their business and improve their market share.
PA Media Group is a part of Advance Local Media, one of the largest media groups in the United States, which operates the leading news and information companies in more than 20 cities, reaching 58+ million people monthly with our quality, real-time journalism and community engagement. Our company is built upon the values of Integrity, Customer-first, Inclusiveness, Collaboration and Forward-looking. For more information about Advance Local, please visit www.advancelocal.com.
Advance Local Media is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, encouraging applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other category protected under federal, state or local law.
About this company
Advance Local, one of the largest media groups in the United States, operates the leading news and information companies in more than 25 cities, reaching 50+ million people monthly with our quality, real-time journalism and community engagement.
Never resting on our laurels, our company is built upon the values of Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Fearlessness, and Customer Focus. Always innovating and evolving, we continually look for ways to deepen our relationship with our readers and advertisers. As part of our mission, we make a difference in the communities we serve by empowering our audiences with quality news and information. We partner with our clients to help them grow.
Location/Region: Mechanicsburg, PA (17050)