Sonoma Media Investments is seeking an Advertising Retail Director to join our team. This role oversees the sales behaviors and performance of the Local Territory and Key account teams and Natl/Major sales efforts. Recruitment, sales, product training, ongoing mentoring and development of the staff are key components of the role. The Director will build relationships with new and existing advertisers and be personally adapt at assertively selling multiple platform marketing solutions to achieve targeted revenue goals. In addition, this position will take the lead on, and also work collaboratively with, team members to develop new revenue strategies including our digital platforms, print products and through events/sponsorships. The Advertising Retail Director is responsible for ensuring we are helping our local North Bay business community to grow their customers and build their brand, by providing the most effective marketing solutions.
- This person will be the strategic and “day to day” lead in our Retail marketing and sales efforts. It requires creativity, flexibility, commitment and collaboration re: the products we develop and continuing strong client relationships.
- This position is required to feed a healthy pipeline and secure growth revenue for the company through the effective management of the sales staff’s behavior and metrics. This position includes proposal development, presentation, and closing sales for advertising strategies relative to business customers that span all marketing solutions and managed via face-to-face and virtual sales calls.
- This position demands a high impact communicator, fluent in print and digital sales approaches and solutions. The position requires interaction via face-to-face and virtual presentations and sales calls, telephone conferences, and written proposals.
- This position is responsible for the recruitment and training of the retail sales teams (Local and Keys) and our Natl/Majors. A mentor/coach mentality and management style is required.
- Contacts include all levels of members of Sonoma Media Investments, advertising customers, business community, technology vendors, and other media partners.
- Coach team members for skill development, and train on product portfolio
- Strategize with account executives to ensure monthly revenue objectives and company initiatives and metrics are met
- Assign sales projects for growth and development
- Strategize and develop new ideas for monetization improvements
- Actively develop profitable revenues within new business
- Help staff to develop new business from Lead Lists, for cold calling, prospecting, and consultative selling
- Cultivate and sustain long-term relationship with new clients
- Maintain and grow profitable revenues within existing business
- Achieve targeted revenue projections
- Research and analyze marketplace to identify new business opportunities for specific clients
- Create new ideas for customer business growth
- Acquire knowledge of customer needs through needs assessments
- Accurately forecast revenues for accounts and categories on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Track and report sales progress
- Evaluate and plan for ups and downs in key business categories
- Project revenue or account shortfall and counteract with a business plan to compensate
- Write credit adjustments and correct customer billing issues within 30 days
- Adhere to existing credit policies/procedures
- Understand advertisers’ business cycles
- Prepare target lists for selling opportunities
- Manage contracts status for upcoming expiring contracts
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education or demonstrated past success in comparable outside sales position(s) a plus
- Must have valid California State Driver’s License & proof of insurance or reliable transportation
- Consultative selling – client relationship building with account management
- Track record of achieving sales results
- Problem-solving, related to customer service/technical difficulties
- Advertising or marketing industry experience
- 5 years solutions-based sales background or equivalent
- Multimedia sales experience a plus
- Fluent in media (print or digital) or business category expertise
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite, Internet and ability to learn in-house software applications; CRM software experience preferable
Sonoma Media Investment values the contribution of our employees and offers a competitive compensation plan. We also offer an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401K and Paid Time Off.
Sonoma Media Investments is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a background investigation and pre-employment drug testing.
To be considered, please complete an online application on our career page at www.sonomamediainvestments.com/jobs, including a resume and cover letter.
Sonoma Media Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location/Region: Santa Rosa