Well known big box retailer in Hoboken, NJ is looking for a Mid-Level Remote
Social Media Copywriter to join their team for a long term contract, full-time hours. In this role, you’ll develop compelling, personality-filled copy for the client’s owned social channels, including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and more. Additionally, you’ll contribute to ideation and concepting for campaigns, pitches and style guides. Qualified Candidate must be able to work EST hours. Social Media Copywriter Responsibilities:
Social Media Copywriter Qualifications:
- Collaborate with Graphic Designers, the Brand Social Team and all other cross-functional business partners.
- Compose copy about a range of topics for various platforms and asset types, including tweets, Instagram posts, Instagram stories, Facebook posts, video scripting, Snapchat filters and more.
- Adhere to the client’s brand tone of voice and contribute to our style guide.
- Suggests topics for and help lead workshops to help foster consistency and expanded common knowledge amongst the functional area.
- Stay up to date on industry trends and best practices, as well as competitor research, aggregating research and distilling into decks to be shared with the larger team as assigned.
- Participate in brainstorms and ideation sessions with the larger team, contributing new and innovative ideas to help elevate brand perception and affinity.
- Contribute to our continuously expanding writing guidelines by keeping an eye out for inconsistencies and bringing them to managers’ and editors’ attention.
- Attend and engage in kick-off and follow-up meetings by asking questions, anticipating information required to create effective copy and proactively seeking clarity and resolution.
- Help hone, shape and evolve the client’s tone of voice for social channels and audiences.
- BA in Journalism, Creative Writing, Advertising, or related field and 3 years copywriting experience
- 2+ years’ experience social copywriting for a digital-first brand.
- Experience working for or with creative agencies.
- Experience developing copy concepts in a retail or marketing environment.
- Ability to proofread your own work.
- Ability to work autonomously and self-manage, as well as collaborate closely.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done.
Job ID: 321810
Internal ID: 321810
Location/Region: Hoboken, NJ