We are looking for an ambitious Sales Account Executive to close sales and win new business by cultivating relationships with current and new clients and presenting them the best Whitecaps solutions. With your consultative approach and customer orientation, you will serve as a trusted advisor and Whitecaps ambassador to our partners.
A Little About West Michigan Whitecaps
We are the West Michigan Whitecaps, a Class A Minor League affiliate of the Detroit Tigers. The Whitecaps are in the FUN business and our mission is to provide affordable family entertainment that strengthens the West Michigan community. We create memorable experiences by offering a fun, friendly, and inclusive environment. We have been here for over 25 years and are ready to be here for at least 25 more.
What You Will Do At The Whitecaps
- You will effectively use email, phone, social media, networking functions, and your own contacts to forge partnerships with existing and soon-to-be clients.
- You will meet with corporate partners and prospects to understand their marketing and promotional goals.
- You will create solutions that include signage, digital media, print, events, and hospitality.
- You will be present at events where your clients are in attendance so you can ensure they are seeing Whitecaps baseball and LMCU Ballpark as the best place for their brand to reach the West Michigan community.
- And best of all, you will probably get to experience tarping the field a few times and have a lot of fun doing it!
What You Will Need to Join The Whitecaps
- Proven sales, marketing, fundraising, and/or community relations experience, preferably selling advertising, promotions, events, and sponsorships in a results-driven environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. You present your ideas clearly and speak confidently in front of c-level executives.
- You manage your time well and you have an impressive track record of building relationships, closing sales, winning clients, and exceeding sales goals.
- A never say never attitude and an upbeat and persistent style. You do not fear rejection. You are resilient and you thrive under pressure.
- Familiarity with a CRM system for documenting activities and outcomes.
- Willingness to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Desire to work at a place where patrons come to eat, drink, laugh, scream, and receive a lifetime of unforgettable memories.
You Will Love Working With The Whitecaps Because…
- When you join our team, you become a part of our culture and our story. We are small enough that you will have the ability to put your stamp on things.
- We got an all-hands-on-deck mentality and pitch in where help is needed. We are into high energy and creativity and not your cookie-cutter corporate mindset.
- We work very hard, but we do not take ourselves too seriously. We realize how important things like office darts, puppy visits, and staff happy hours are.
- Besides the typical benefits, you will also reap the rewards of unlimited earning potential, generous paid time off, free baseball tickets (your friends will love you!), paid volunteer time, a free health club membership, and opportunities to get discounted or free tickets to various shows and events in Michigan.
- We are also pretty great people to work with. We are competitive, yet fun-loving. We take care of our team – we put our members’ needs first, support their careers, and strive to keep them.
Perks and benefits:
- Generous PTO
- Paid Holidays
- Family Medical Leave
- Remote Work Program
- Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits
- Health Insurance Benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Performance Bonuses
- Annual Bonuses
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Open Floor Plan
- Company Outings
- Happy Hours
- Pet-Friendly Office
- Happy Hours
- Meals and/or Snacks Provided
- Phone allowance
Location/Region: Holland, MI (49422)