The Branded Content Creator will be responsible for creatively and professionally producing video content for Mlive and the Michigan’s Best brand. Content will focus on travel, entertainment and interesting and uplifting stories about Michigan that will incorporate sponsors in compelling ways.
In this position you will:
- Write scripts, shoot, edit, appear in and produce videos for Michigan’s Best and MLive. (Videos and other image-based content will be designed for all news platforms, existing and future.)
- Work collaboratively with other team members and across the company to make video that works on social media, adapting to its everchanging landscape and demands.
- Use hardware, software and cloud-based equipment and systems for direct-to-web production and engagement.
- Interact on social media platforms, with story shares, objective commentary, promotion of topics and news organization’s content initiatives.
- Keep abreast of industry advances and proactively use new methods of reaching audiences with engaging, interactive and optimized product offerings.
For this position you will need:
- At least two years photography and videography experience
- Experience with Canon and Nikon equipment, as well as, writing and editing experience a bonus
- Associate degree and/or certification in photography/videography
- Your ability to produce messages for a variety of audiences and to develop professional, branded messaging, multi-channel marketing materials, news and promotional articles, correspondence, and reports
- Independent and creative thought to develop original ideas and concepts for work distributed in a variety of forms and published on a variety of channels
- Mastery of skills necessary to create and deliver a polished finished product, including script-writing, shot lists, audio and lighting principles, and all aspects of editing photo, video, and audio
- Proven success in producing engaging video ideas of quality
- Comfort appearing in front of the camera, delivering content
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Strong web, video, and multimedia authoring skills and emerging technologies.
- Adobe CC expertise required, specifically Lightroom, Premier Pro, After Effects, and Audition; experience with InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to manage and meet production timelines
- Ability to create and edit motion graphics videos; conduct live video interviews, including familiarity with audio recording and lighting principles; and take professional portraits. Understands imperatives of multiple platforms –mobile, Internet, etc.
Advance Local Media offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including generous paid time off, flexible holidays and parental leave as well as options for your healthcare.
MLive Media Group is an audience-first, digitally focused media company encompassing all content, sales and marketing operations for: MLive.com, The Grand Rapids Press, The Muskegon Chronicle, Kalamazoo Gazette, The Jackson Citizen Patriot, The Ann Arbor News, The Flint Journal, The Saginaw News, The Bay City Times and the Advance Weeklies in Grand Rapids, as well as several related entities. In addition to being Michigan's #1 news and information provider, MLive Media Group is Michigan's largest local media advertising network, allowing advertisers to reach local audiences in communities across the state.
MLive Media Group is a part of Advance Local Media, one of the largest media groups in the United States, which operates the leading news and information companies in more than 20 cities, reaching 58+ million people monthly with our quality, real-time journalism and community engagement. Our company is built upon the values of Integrity, Customer-first, Inclusiveness, Collaboration and Forward-looking. For more information about Advance Local, please visit www.advancelocal.com
Advance Local Media is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, encouraging applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other category protected under federal, state or local law.
About this company
Advance Local, one of the largest media groups in the United States, operates the leading news and information companies in more than 25 cities, reaching 50+ million people monthly with our quality, real-time journalism and community engagement.
Never resting on our laurels, our company is built upon the values of Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Fearlessness, and Customer Focus. Always innovating and evolving, we continually look for ways to deepen our relationship with our readers and advertisers. As part of our mission, we make a difference in the communities we serve by empowering our audiences with quality news and information. We partner with our clients to help them grow.
Location/Region: Grand Rapids, MI (49503)