The Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology (FASEB) is the largest coalition of biomedical researchers, representing 30 scientific societies and over 130,000 researchers from around the world. FASEB is recognized as the policy voice of biological and biomedical researchers. Our mission is to advance health and well-being by promoting research and education in biological and biomedical sciences through collaborative advocacy and service to our societies and their members.
FASEB is seeking an experienced Community Manager to help launch its new data workspace program area and build capacity for data sharing and re-use across the biological and biomedical research communities that FASEB serves.
Reporting to the Director, Strategic Scientific Program Advancement, the Community Manager is an independent and motivated team member whose primary function is to support the development of the FASEB data re-use workspace by helping the community choose, configure, and use approaches and technologies to best serve their needs. The Community Manager is an excellent communicator, combining tactical, deliberate actions with emotionally and culturally sensitive leadership, to broker connections between community members, support open knowledge sharing, and co-create a shared vision for the workspace. This includes creating workspace materials and resources, promoting the workspace through community programs, partnerships, cultivating actionable insights, and providing highly responsive member support.
This position requires an individual with a strong foundation in research and data management, technical and social media skills, and an ability and desire to engage with a variety of stakeholders. Applicants must have demonstrated excellence in writing and communication skills, a demonstrated ability to master evolving technologies, and an understanding of scholarly research infrastructures.
- Developing a strategic stakeholder engagement plan
- Planning, coordinating, and executing community workshops, webinars, and presentations with FASEB staff and consultants for a variety of internal and external stakeholder audiences including FASEB member institutions, funders, and researchers
- Developing and maintaining workspace content and social media campaigns
- Collecting and providing community feedback to the management and stakeholders.
- Acting as a liaison for the sharing of common practices
- Managing and recommending improvements in workspace tools and practices
- Analyzing key performance indicators (KPIs).