The Marketing Manager serves as a key driver of brand awareness and member engagement at the Bar, partnering closely with internal clients and cross-functional teams to develop and execute comprehensive, omni-channel marketing and communication strategies and campaigns in support of programs, services, publications, events, and other initiatives. The Marketing Manager develops and leads social media and content strategy, helping to grow and optimize digital and social channels as key tactics for proactive member engagement and revenue.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides day-to-day leadership, management, coaching and mentoring to direct reports.
- Recruits and retains a diverse workforce and works to create an inclusive environment for direct reports within one’s department.
- Serves as the primary strategic marketing advisor for internal clients, such as the Continuing Legal Education (CLE) program, Pro Bono Center, membership, volunteer communities, publications, professional services, and events.
- Develops and executes comprehensive annual marketing and communication strategies and tactical plans, including articulation of business case and goals, audience segmentation, content and creative development, campaign management and optimization, day-to-day client service and support, and coordination with editorial, broadcast studio, and design teams on marketing deliverables.
- Leads enterprise social media and content marketing strategy, serving as the resident subject matter expert and overseeing the channel roadmap.
- Manages and maintains a robust content marketing and social media calendar, while curating and organizing content for re-use and amplification.
- Creates innovative, social-first, channel-specific creative assets and content to support marketing campaigns and foster ongoing audience engagement.
- Develops and manages paid social media strategy, including creative development, campaign execution and optimization, and reporting, including conversions and downstream impact.
- Analyzes and interprets results from social media campaigns, shares findings to drive continuous improvement, and defines and reports on social media KPIs.
- Stays on top of social media best practices and consistently brings forward new ideas to optimize content and campaigns.
- Writes and edits compelling content for Bar channels, including DCBar.org, email blasts and newsletters, social media, video and multimedia production, and other marketing collateral.
- Establishes and reinforces marketing processes and procedures, including the development of templates and best practices to drive enterprise-wide quality and consistency.
- Performs other duties as assigned.