Supervisor: News & Public Affairs Director
Salary Range: $39,520 - $51,376 Full-time - Nonexempt
Provide quality local, national, and international news in accordance with WMNF style and format. Listed below are the responsibilities of the job. Other responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
• Write, edit and produce stories for WMNF newscasts.
• Perform local reporting and field production of 5 original stories per week, on tight deadlines, to be broadcast on WMNF and shared with our network affiliates.
• Assist with the production/hosting of WMNF public affairs shows.
• Anchor newscasts as assigned by News and Public Affairs Director.
• Develop news story ideas and coordinate coverage of local events and stories with the News and Public Affairs Director.
• Maintain fairness, accuracy and high ethical standards
• Perform Assistant/News Director functions when necessary.
• Gather sound and communicate with a variety of sources.
• Participate in on-air fundraising during WMNF Membership Drives
• Assist with station events as requested.
• Assist in the training and supervision of news volunteers.
• Report problems to supervisor.
• Updates of the WMNF news website to keep the site fresh; includes communicating with News Director & Engagement Producer for web updates.
DEMONSTRATED SKILL IN AT LEAST SIX OF THESE ARE REQUIRED
• Proven record of reporting skill.
• Excellent writing and editing ability
• Good computer skills
• Good live on-air presentation
• Ability to work on a deadline and at varying hours
• Ability to edit sound files digitally.
• Work well as part of a team
• Ability to research independently
• Photography, video, editing software, web, and social media competence.
• B.A. with Liberal Arts background or equivalent
• Minimum one year experience in radio/print journalism
• Knowledge of broadcast production and field recording equipment.
• Good broadcast voice, demonstrated announcing and writing skills
• Familiar with current copyright regulations
• Must have a working vehicle, valid driver's license, and minimum amount of vehicle insurance required by the state.
• Ability and willingness to travel.
• Understanding of FCC Rules and Regulations regarding broadcast
• Dedication to public media, quality journalism and the WMNF mission
Benefits included are employer paid health/dental insurance, vacation/sick/holiday pay and 403b. Please submit all resumes to email@example.com by 5:00 p.m. Friday 10/15/21 EOE
About this company
Non-profit community Radio station
Location/Region: Tampa, FL