SEEKING AGENCY PR/MEDIA RELATIONS PROFESSIONALS LOOKING TO ADVANCE THEIR CAREERS
WHY FRANCHISE ELEVATOR
When you join the Franchise Elevator team, you're not just working at another PR firm - you're working directly with entrepreneurs to becoming a part of the nation's powerful and inspiring franchising industry.
Because of our parent company’s 30-year history representing hundreds of restaurant, retail, fitness & wellness and home services franchise brands, we are highly regarded as THE industry experts in PR for emerging franchise brands.
With franchises on every corner, new brands consistently entering the marketplace and competition for franchisees and customers increasing, the need for Franchise Elevator’s services will always be in high demand.
BENEFITS •Hybrid Work Schedule- We are located in a contemporary in Northbrook, IL with a satellite office in River North.
Currently, we're working one to two days in either office that is most convenient to our Team members and the rest WFH.
• Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
• 401K Match
• Casual workplace environment
• Competitive Salary
• PTO (5 days on the day you start)
• Vacation days (accrued after 6 months)
• Social Committee- we have fun at work!
Each year, two of our staff members serve as social co-chair to help bring fun into the office in the way of regular staff outings (2 parties annually), happy hours, unexpected treats, competitive games and other bonding activities.
* Our mission goes beyond simply securing placements.
The feature stories that Franchise Elevator PR generates across all types of media inspires entrepreneurs to open their own business, and leads to growth of emerging new franchise brands.
* The overall objective team is to effectively pitch traditional print, online and broadcast media, as well as bloggers and social influencers with "media hound" candidates who can effectively pitch traditional print, online and broadcast media, as well as bloggers and social influencers.
* We are seeking PR Specialists and Media Relations Coordinators who crave meaningful, creative work and thrive in a collaborative team environment.
* An average day includes researching and pitching traditional media and social influencers, writing pitches, press releases, team brainstorming, completing activity reports and helping with client presentations.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE * Must be an effective, confident communicator – willing to speak up at meetings (client or internal team meetings), ability to hold their own in conversations with all kinds of media
* Must understand various social media channels and how they are utilized for PR
* Must be able to differentiate needs of print/broadcast/online media (bloggers, journalists & reviewers) and know how to approach them accordingly
* Must have the willingness and ability to think beyond traditional PR tactics and strategies to design/execute innovative approaches
* Must possess extremely proficient writing skills and have a firm grasp of AP style
* Must consume the media on a daily basis and be up-to-speed on current events
* Must work well in a team environment * Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
* Some agency setting related experience and/or training preferred
**Please note that adding a Cover Letter is preferred.
**Franchise Elevator is an Equal Opportunity Employer .
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Location/Region: Chicago, IL (60654)