The Senior Producer, Live Broadcast for AccuWeather will be producing compelling live video segments for the national and award-winning AccuWeather Television Network on a daily and as-needed schedule. The Senior Producer, Live Broadcast will put together the rundown for each individual segment and work with a team of on-air broadcasters, director, graphics, studio crew and video editors to develop innovative and engaging content. The weather and the news require 24/7/365 coverage and the live broadcast producer will be required to work differing hours, depending on the severity of the weather situation or breaking news story.
The Senior Live Broadcast Producer will work at AccuWeather’s Headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania.
- Work with Executive Producer to deliver a unique style for the AccuWeather Television Network and cohesive cross-platform editorial voice.
- Provide key input with editorial leadership to provide guidance and quality consistency for AccuWeather digital, social video, and between dayparts.
- Produce recognizable programming that is distinctive, best-of-class production
- Deliver a comprehensive and creative explanation of weather news and information.
- Respond quickly and aggressively to breaking news and weather situations, contributing to the news team's coverage.
- Seek and produce compelling, engaging video content for the AccuWeather Television Network.
- Lead the show production process, including development of rundowns, segments, series, story selection, graphics generation, video editing and script writing.
- Lead training of producer team and lead script approval process.
- Execute and deliver strong content in a smooth and clean fashion that flows well across the entire show and all dayparts.
- Exercise strong editorial judgment and adhere to company’s standards and practices
- Other duties as assigned.
- Entrepreneurial spirit is necessary in this role
- BA or BS in journalism, communications or meteorology from an accredited institution
- Demonstrated at least 5 years of experience in a dynamic, live news production environment at a television station or broadcast network
- People management and training skills are of core importance.
- Working knowledge of non-linear editing suites (Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, others)
- Subject matter expertise in newsroom content management systems like ENPS, iNews, others
- Knowledge and experience in broadcast style writing
- Working knowledge and experience with digital editorial programming tools, such as a CMS and/or OVP
- Must be a control room leader and a team player who leads by example and works well with production staff and other departments
- Understanding of basic meteorology and effective storytelling
- Working knowledge of Windows or Mac operating systems is required
- Excellent written, verbal, and time management skills are necessary; communication is essential to success
- Must be available to work weekends, evenings, holidays and overnights
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-paid life insurance and AD&D
- Short- and long-term disability
- Company-matched 401k
- Generous paid time off
- Unlimited sick time
- Paid parental leave
- Team Member assistance
- Recognition and awards
- Fitness stipend
- College America 529 plan
- Discounts and perks
AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania, and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network channel and AccuWeather NOW streaming service. AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally. Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features available free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy ™, the patented AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature, and AccuWeather RealImpact™ Scale for Hurricanes.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 and is considered the “father of modern commercial meteorology.” Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker and visionary, has been named “the most accurate man in weather” by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur’s Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Location/Region: State College, PA